PDA

View Full Version : I Gained Weight This Week!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lotuslaura
Thu, May-02-02, 07:09
I am on OWL (Atkins) and have upped my carbs to 30 per day. Except for more vegetables/carbs I have been eating the SAME way I was when I was losing weight.

My gut tells me to starve myself :(.

I am really flustered and I am freaking out. HELP!

Talon
Thu, May-02-02, 10:32
It is natural for our bodies to fluctuate a little from time to time. For females it can depend upon the time of the month, or it could depend on how much undigested food you still have hanging around. I've had a week or two where I've gained, I've had a week or two when I've "only" lost .5 pound (I really will take what I can get!) But the downward overall trend is down. So I am happy!

jennifer 1
Thu, May-09-02, 08:40
I have had the same issue. After about a month on Atkins I gained back everything I lost (and I hardly changed my diet) I credited it to muscle gain--due to exercise--and TOM. But what can you do. I say increase your exercise. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

GOOD LUCH

cece p
Sat, May-11-02, 12:53
i say throw away the scale and judge yourself by how your clothes fit. i am only getting on the scale every 10 days, but try on a small dress every week. this diet and execise changes the way your body looks for the better.
cindy

kahuck
Tue, May-14-02, 11:13
Keep up the hope, I was stuck with no loss for a few weeks but I did lose inches. Then one week BOOM I lost 6 pounds, nothing changed same food same workout. Now it's back to losing inches, I can now sit comfertably in my 42"s well this pair the other ones must have been labiled wrong hehe. Last week with the loss I could not fit into the 42 I have on now, so keep smiling.

kahuck
Tue, May-14-02, 11:16
Also I think as you get closer to your gole you will slow down, and it looks like your close. Well from my view with way more to go 8^).

mbschlgr
Tue, May-14-02, 14:09
Check on your water consumption! It is a very major part of low carbing!!!! #1 being your kidneys, next it helps flush your system of the burned fat cells. I hate water and when I up my intake, the scale goes down. :there: