PDA

View Full Version : I DID IT! I finally broke my stall!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

shanny
Tue, Apr-30-02, 06:04
Yes, I finally did it! I finally broke my stall of 6-7 weeks! I had done Atkins last spring and very happily lost 14 lbs. I got to a decent weight, not perfect but decent and took a year off and (almost) kept it off. So this spring I thought here we go again. When I got back from vaca. in march I restarted Atkins. I lost a few lbs right off and thought this is easy! I can do this. Then I stalled. I mean, I really stalled. I stayed at the exact same weight for weeks! It felt like no matter what I ate or didn't eat, same weight. So last Friday I spoke to a friend who was starting At for the first time. Through talking to her I realized how I'd forgotten how I REALLY need to eat in induction. I restarted on Sat knowing I really needed to sit down and re read the book.

I realized I was eating way too many veggie carbs. I had thought if I just cut out break sweets & alcohol I'd be doing Atk. No dice. So starting sat I went back to meat only (yuck) and the occaisional salad. And don't you know I've lost 1.5 lbs since sat!!!!

WHOOO baby. So my advice. Keep those food journals going. It really helped me to see where all those carbs were. And COUNT EXACTLY those carbs instead of saying, "this food is low carb, I'll eat it all." I used to say if it was low carb I could just eat it. Starting Sat I actually Counted my carbs and realized I was way over my 20. So now I know, I must actually count, and yes my cup of tea was 1/20. then 2/20. Lunch was 8/20 and so on. IT"S WORKING!

Good luck, hope it helps.
It helped me! :roll:

rustpot
Tue, Apr-30-02, 06:44
I stopped drinking water and drank pints of whisky.

Or was it the other way round? :confused:

MistyBee
Tue, Apr-30-02, 07:23
Congratulations on being willing to look at your program and work it the way it will work for you!

:cheer:

I am new to lo carbing but I love the fact that people here think about what they are doing!

It's only been a few days but things are going well.

Best,
Misty