PDA

View Full Version : Aussie recipes

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Elissa
Tue, Apr-30-02, 03:31
Hi Everyone

This is my first time at using the forum and I just have to say it is fantastic and I know longer feel alone. :spin:
Just a little question in looking through some of the oh so wonderful recipes, I got confused as to what the Aussie equal to "Brown Sugar Twin" is. Please if you have an idea of what I could use instead it would be great as I am craving Cheesecake. :yum:

Elissa

Loraine
Wed, May-01-02, 05:43
I have no idea if Australia has a 'diet' brown sugar substitute. I use Splenda in place of sugar. I guess brown Sugar-Twin may give a slightly different taste, as does brown sugar instead of white sugar. Sorry this is the best I can do :cool:
Loraine

Rosebud
Wed, May-01-02, 15:26
Hi Elissa, welcome! :wave:
It might be an idea to go to the main "Introductions" area to say hullo, you'll get plenty more people there just meeting and greeting you.

Alas, like Loraine, I haven't heard of a brown sugar sustitute here in Ozland. You might try another recipe that doesn't require brown sugar.

One more suggestion, Elissa. How about starting your own journal? It's a great way for people to pop in to visit apart from being a good way to keep track of your intake, general musings, etc. Details on how to can be found at the top of each journal thread and the Intro section.

Good luck to you, matey, and welcome aboard!

:rose:Rosebud:rose: