PDA

View Full Version : Parmesan Garlic Breadsticks

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mabdab01
Sun, Jun-12-11, 20:39
I was just reading a post about a pizza crust made out of cheese and wondered how it would taste cut into strips (breadsticks) like some of the pizza places do. Well, my seven year old son thought it was brilliant.

Here is what I did:

1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
1 egg
garlic powder
italian seasoning (crushed up)

Beat the egg and then add the garlic powder and italian seasoning, stirring briefly. Add the parmesan cheese and mix until all the liquid has been absorbed by the cheese. Shape into a ball.

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place ball of cheese on greased cookie sheet. Flatten with the spatula until it is about 7 or 8 inches in diameter. Bake at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes or until the cheese has puffed up a little bit and starts to get golden brown.

Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 5 or 10 min. Slice into strips. I dipped in the lowest carb marinara sauce that I could find. So yummy. :yum:

Serves 2
Per Serving (not including dipping sauce)
Calories: 251
Fat: 17
Protein: 22
Carbs: 2

newme2010
Sun, Jun-12-11, 20:46
oh that sounds super delish thanks for sharing

mabdab01
Sun, Jun-12-11, 21:01
My son just begged me to make another batch. The second time I had to use shredded parmesan, and it didn't turn out as good. I would recommend using the grated parmesan.

witchiejen
Sat, Jul-09-11, 22:34
mabdab, when you say grated, do you mean like Kraft Parmesan that comes in the green cylinder or do you grate your own?

mabdab01
Sun, Jul-10-11, 08:27
Actually I bought it at the store in a little clear plastic container in the deli department. I think they grated it. :) But, the Kraft would work and so would grating it yourself.

witchiejen
Sun, Jul-10-11, 12:37
Groovy! Thanks!