PDA

View Full Version : If you were stuck on a desert island, what meal woud you take???

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

juicyjacki
Sat, Apr-27-02, 05:30
Thought it would be kinda fun and rather intresting to find out what everyones favorite meals were ..... So here is the Q:

If you were stuck on a desert (not dessert!) island what lowcarb meal COULD you eat everyday????

Mine would have to be 2/3 pieces of roast chicken with a few spoons of chicken tonight creamy peppercorn sauce, and a large helping of broccolli & cauliflower with simple cheese sauce ..... delicious!!!!!!!

fiona
Sat, Apr-27-02, 09:01
I've actually done this and it has been a dream wish ever since.

I'd take lots of limes and some spices with me.

90% of my meals would be hunting and catching fish. Straight from the sea on to the fire for barbeque - a little cutting and cleaning involved first but not too much as it is all going on the fire so any germs would be killed off. slurrrrrrp - just the thought of it makes my mouth water.

The combination of the fresh sea air, exercise and very fresh fish is an experience as sensuous as Karen's Chocolate Mousse.

Take care.

rustpot
Sat, Apr-27-02, 10:42
Do we get to be interviewed by Sue Lawley and choose a record with our meal as well?

It seems that we would have to choose a food that was already there and pretend to be Robinson Crusoe. Which reminds me. Do you know why Robinsue Crusoe did not resort to cannabalism?........ ...He was a Catholic and there was no meat on Friday! boom boom.

Back to your question.... For me I think I would hunt down the wild pig that must be on the Island. A roast joint with crackling spit roasted over a charcoal fire would be superb which I would swap a bit for some of Fiona's fish further down the beach. It would all have to be pulled apart with your fingers and be gloriously messy. Some wild strawberries and coconut milk would make an excellant dessert using the coconut shells as dishes. No washing up.

We could all sit round the fire burning the gross of ketostix that had just washed ashore and sing songs such as " Ging gang carbo carbo carbo carbo watcha. Ging gang goo"

I think I may have had a touch too much sun!

fiona
Sat, Apr-27-02, 19:10
I'd gladly trade a little fish for wild boar ;)

As for ketostix being washed ashore .... that's as wishful as my pipedream of living on bbq'd fish for the rest of my days!!

Thanks for the giggle - as usual, Rustpot!

Take care.

izzy
Sun, Apr-28-02, 12:44
Well i'll bring desert (desert island) get it haha well ithought it was funny ,
:p

joe burns
Sun, Apr-28-02, 14:23
IT WOULD HAVE TO BE FOR ME A FULL ENGLISH BREAKFAST

ITS MY FAVOURITE MEAL OF THE DAY :roll: