PDA

View Full Version : thank you Karen....

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

osuzana
Fri, Apr-26-02, 20:57
Hello Karen, :wave:
I enjoyed reading you note to me, Perhaps you are right about attending AA... I have, time and again given this some thought, But to be honest it is something that for me is difficult, I have a few phobias and one of them is crowds and being in groups of people. Sometimes I am fine , but not always... I do walk 3 miles a day and this is great for me because I use it for meditation and prayer. I am working on not drinking so much.... hopefully I will get to the point where I won't feel like I am missing something, :confused: and I'll just go to bed. I know I can do it, I have done it before, but as you stated, it is a daily adventure. I just truly enjoy having the wine and the feeling it gives me of relaxation during the evening. Isn't is amazing how things that are enjoyable seem to be bad for us? I used to smoke, and truly enjoyed the whole smoking thing.... but we all know that is not a good thing. I also love potatoes, pasta, bread, rice, and we all know what that does for ya.... Makes me wonder why we seem to like things that cause us nothing but trouble :q:
All in all .... Thanks so much again for your inspiration, Susann

Karen
Sat, Apr-27-02, 01:03
I don't know if we really truly like all the things that are "bad" for us. I think it's a love/hate relationship. We love it because it makes us feel good. But, we hate it because we become dependant upon it to feel good. By that time, the habit is no longer a concious choice.

I have come to look upon many things as potential drugs - sugar and other foods, nicotine, alcohol...

There is nothing wrong or right about them. It's how we use them that makes the difference.

One of my favourite quotes is from Einstein - You cannot solve a problem with the same mind that created it. It's a good one to meditate on.

Karen

osuzana
Sat, Apr-27-02, 06:02
You have given me some points to ponder :agree:
Thanks, Susann :rheart: