PDA

View Full Version : inspired in Vancouver

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

indigogirl
Fri, Apr-26-02, 12:32
:wave:

Hi,

I wanted to introduce myself to this forum - which I heard about through the Vancouver Sun article on Weds. I am not new to low carb eating but am new to lasting very long at it. I own and have read just about all the low carb books and have just been trying (inspired by Karen's story) to eat low carb for the last few days. Am feeling better already. (Thanks, Karen!)

I live in Richmond with hubby and 2 kids (11 and 13) and work as a sexuality counsellor for people with disabilities. I am a registered nurse but I have been counselling for the past 10 years.

I have had a tumultous month. We bought a new house and just sold this one and in the middle of all the chaos I got a severe case of pneumonia and pleurisy and was in hospital for a week. I'm still recovering but the experience really reminded me about mortality and what is really important in life.

I have enjoyed looking through the posts and have just constructed a grocery list from all the great ideas on this site.

I'm glad this site appeared so serendipitously in my life!

Sally

Karen
Fri, Apr-26-02, 23:10
Welcome to the site indigogirl!

Stick around, it's a great site!

Karen

unsweetend
Tue, Apr-30-02, 17:55
Hi there!

This is my first post to the forum though I've been lurking on and off for a bit. I'm also in Richmond so I wanted to say hi, and that if you ever think you're in need of a local support buddy, don't hesitate to drop me a line.

Sandra

indigogirl
Tue, Apr-30-02, 22:24
Hi Sandra,

It's great to know that there are other Richmondites on the forum. I am kind of winging the low carb thing right now - not really following any particular plan but just avoiding carbs as much as possible. Feeling pretty good and had less PMS- type symptoms when normally I would have had some.

How do you find the Atkins plan? Have you tried others?

Sally

unsweetend
Thu, May-02-02, 12:53
Sally, I'm probably more trying to find my own beat when it comes to this low-carb thing too. I felt like I was eating too much cheese and fat on the Atkins program so now I'm more trying out different things and see how my body reacts.

While my primary motivation for going low-carb is weight-loss I also want the health benefits. So right now it's a bit hit and miss.