PDA

View Full Version : [CKD] carb-blockers

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

pogi
Thu, Apr-25-02, 20:39
hello ev'b'dy ..

do they work ...??? , if so which is the best
one time i bought some once from
gnc dunno the brand but it said
1 pill will contain 40gms of cho ...
any spill over ???? if so will cardio clean it up ....
... thanxs :wave: :wave:

TeriDoodle
Fri, Apr-26-02, 04:30
I believe the general concensus is that they're a bunch of hooey!! You've got better things to waste your money on, don't you?

mojoKID
Tue, Oct-29-02, 21:19
they can be effective, but usually only for one large meal per day. Their claim is not to actually 'block' carbohydrates but to prevent them from being converted into glucose and taken up by your blood, it tries to do this by binding to and inhibiting an enzyme that is necessary in carbohydrate conversion to glucose.

Test tube results have proven sucessful, however when tested by humans, it only seems to work to block carbs once in a (day/couple of days?) I'm not sure about how long it's ineffective after the first use before you can use it again.

I found it 'greatly' helped when I used to cheat by eating something I shouldn't have, I would take 3 of the carb blockers pills, and some ALA, and would gain no weight and retain no water.

Again this only happened ( before I learned to control my cravings ) once or twice a week.

Cossack
Sun, Nov-03-02, 02:47
I bought some..with something called phase 2..or phaseolamin in them..uses them on special occassions..when its easier to cheat then explain..they seem to work..saw me thru Thanksgiving..a bout with a chocolate cake..and a few other carb loaded dinners..BUT..I am LC..I dont believe in gobbling these things all the time..
hope that helps

Cos