PDA

View Full Version : Wow! I must be doing something right!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LazyDaisy
Tue, Apr-23-02, 10:37
I just wanted to share, that my blood sugars the last 5 days have been ranging between 161 and 128... 128 last night and this morning 133.... I am sooooooo proud of myself! I have walked down to the turkey barns 5 times in the last week. A distance of 1/4+ miles each. One day I walked it 3 times one way and rode w/DH on the 4 wheeler on the way back... Well all I can say is "slowly but surely"!! And last but not least, I have lost 10#'s!! Was on GlucotrolXL(1/2 tablet mornings) and had such a bad Have a great day!!! Sas

rosarugosa
Tue, Apr-23-02, 11:06
:thup: It sounds like you are doing great!

I love this WOE, but for some reason reading the book the 2nd and 3rd time and support boards helped me to finally start losing again. I was trying to incorporate somersizing *with* Sp and found that it works best for me as the book says.

I found that a *uping* my walking helps me to lose and is so good to ease stress. I envy you having a "barn" to walk down to. For me it is with my energetic dog (on a leash) and hoping that there are not any pit bulls or such that someone hasn't leashed!

I just bought a pedometer and find it interesting to use. I do exercise videos when the weather is bad etc. and sometimes just for extra exercise, but I find just fast paced walking the most enjoyable.

Anyone have any helpful hints/experience on using a pedometer?

mmoranmic
Tue, Apr-23-02, 15:06
Good Job! Sounds like you're really doing well, one day at a time. I enjoy hearing about the success of others, it keeps me motivated.
Take care,
Maureen
P.S. Hey, plenty of turkey to eat eh?

alto
Wed, Apr-24-02, 11:36
Congratulations, LazyDaisy -- that was nice to read. I'm another big fan of success stories. Good for you on the numbers, on the walking, and on the pounds gone :)

:cheer: :cheer: