PDA

View Full Version : This is dumb, but it means so much to me...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Shaylamar
Fri, Apr-30-10, 23:29
My wedding ring is loose!

I wore a size 7.5 when I got married in 1990 and that ring hasn't fit for a very long time. Five years ago I bought a cheap-o size 8 at Wally World so I could have something on my finger. Two years ago my mother gave me her size 9 ad I've been wearing that since then.

For the last year, even the 9 is tight from time to time, and *never* loose.

But tonight it's loose! Very loose!

I'm going to wait until I've been on the program for a solid month, then try the size 8 cheap-o again!

I never even imagined that I might be able to wear my wedding ring again. For the first time, I can see that it's a real possibility. :)

Now the reality that I might be ale to fit a size 7.5 shoe is starting to dawn (instead of the 8.5 wide I wear now!).

Hope! I have hope! :D

And I have a new goal. Instead of the sole focus being on my weight, I really want to wear that ring again. :)

Shaylamar
Thu, May-06-10, 18:59
I know nobody cares, but I'm going to say it anyway...

MY SIZE 9 RING FELL OFF! lol!

I was going to try on the smaller ring next week, but I guess it's time to make the switch! :D

(And yes, it fits like a glove!)

***happy*dance***

bworthey
Thu, May-06-10, 19:32
No, it's not dumb at all! I noticed the same thing! I started wearing my college class ring again too. I'd not been able to because it had gotten tight. Take those victories where you can. Actually, my ring was the first thing I noticed that was gettingn loose.

CarbJunky2
Thu, May-06-10, 20:09
That isn't dumb at all! WTG on the milestone. :)

zajack
Thu, May-06-10, 20:37
Not dumb...awesome! Congrats...

Almajo
Thu, May-06-10, 22:13
First of all, it's not dumb.
Second, people do care.
You are doing well. . . and it shows! Happy Low Carbing, Alma

crs
Thu, May-06-10, 22:17
:yay: Way to go! :yay:

Shaylamar
Fri, May-07-10, 05:14
Thank you, guys!

I haven't been able to make headway in 6 years.

The last time I lost weight, I did it by taking phentermine and starving myself. (That was only 25 pounds)

I can't believe that I'm satisfied, feeling healthier than I have in my *life* AND loosing weight!

Never in my life have I had a ring fall off. :D

It's such a small thing and I just can't believe what a huge impact it had on me. I'm probably going to be riding this high through the weekend! lol!

I have a pair of sweats that are seriously starting to sag. I just know they're going to hit the ground before the next month is up! :lol:

There are a thousand other small things that are propelling me forward - all of them health-related - and that's causing a paradigm shift.

Yesterday someone asked me what my goal-weight was and, for the first time in my life, I didn't have an answer. I'd rather be 155 and feel wonderful and be able to function, than to be 120 and feel miserable.

I'm going to continue to nourish my body and we'll see how things end up! :D

Shaylamar
Fri, May-07-10, 05:30
First of all, it's not dumb.
Second, people do care.
You are doing well. . . and it shows! Happy Low Carbing, Alma

I meant no offense. I just didn't want people to think that I expected a parade for loosing a ring size! :Party:

Shaylamar
Fri, May-07-10, 05:34
No, it's not dumb at all! I noticed the same thing! I started wearing my college class ring again too. I'd not been able to because it had gotten tight. Take those victories where you can. Actually, my ring was the first thing I noticed that was gettingn loose.

You know the weird thing: This never happened on other diets. I've weighed a lot less than this and not been able to fit into my 8. :confused:

I'm thinking that low carb *really* helps get the water out of our tissues.

I'm not dehydrated at *all*. My veins are fuller than they've been since I wa a teenager. It's like the water is where it's supposed to be. :)

I don't think I've used so many emoticons in my life... or said the phrase "in my life" before! :lol: I feel like I'm 14 again! :Party:

Almajo
Fri, May-07-10, 22:42
But, but, but you deserve a parade !!! :cheer:

crs
Sat, May-08-10, 06:24
:) You make a point about the water, but I really believe that by following this WOE you are not just losing weight, you are losing FAT and that is what we really want to accomplish. No other diet I have ever been on has given me the results that I get with the Atkins WOE. On diet plans you do shrink and the number on the scale goes down but the jiggling, flabby areas are a problem. On some of them you lose muscle and not fat so you become a smaller person still carrying around fat. Just my thoughts :)

rodmick
Sat, May-08-10, 07:51
I think that is great news and worth celebrating!!!!!!!

Shaylamar
Sat, May-08-10, 08:20
I think that is great news and worth celebrating!!!!!!!

Thank you everyone!

I haven't been at this for very long, but every day I'm amazed by my body's response to this WOE.

Everything isn't coming up roses, but so many things are *better*. I'm learning new things about my body every day and I know that things are only going to get better.

I'm watching my double chin dissolve and seeing a face in the mirror that I didn't think existed anymore. My side rolls and backfat are reducing every day.

Veins, tendons and bones are starting to appear in my hands and feet. My skin is smoother.

Legs! I used to have killer legs! Now I'm seeing the calf definition and slender ankles that haven't been a part of my life in 15 years.

I'm not just loosing weight. I'm transforming. I look younger in every way.

I still have a very long way to go, but I think that the "girl" is still somewhere inside me.

JAnn
Sat, May-08-10, 08:24
Congratulations! :yay: I will be glad when I can wear mine again!

nutsnseeds
Sat, May-08-10, 10:54
Woo Hoo! That's great news and congratultions. I had a similar experience and it may have propelled me to restart back in November. My dear, dear husband took me into a jewelry store because he wanted to buy me a nice and very expensive ring. I could NOT get my wedding ring off to try on the new ring without lots of intervention and special goo that they have at the store. It was very embarassing. I re-started Atkins that week and now take my ring off every night before bed. I had not had it off for a couple of years prior. Waiting to really get down in size then I am taking hubby shopping again! ;-)

It's another motivation - that and the stack of size 10 and 12 pants and jeans that are mocking me.

StbucksSal
Tue, May-11-10, 08:40
This is a fabulous post and inspiring! Thanks for sharing it and good for you! I know the girl is in there -- I hear her right now! Thanks for the bright start today!

Shaylamar
Tue, May-11-10, 13:46
This is a fabulous post and inspiring! Thanks for sharing it and good for you! I know the girl is in there -- I hear her right now! Thanks for the bright start today!

You ugys are great! lol!

I was a little depressed because it's taken me 3 weeks to loose just 4 pounds. It seems like it's going to take forever.

Well, a month ago I wedged myself into an old pair of size 14 jeans. It was *bad*. I had to lay down on the bed to get them zipped. I looked like an over-turned turtle trying to right itself when I tried to get up.

Then I had my son take a picture. (HA!)

Today I put on the same pair of jeans.

Guess what? They zipped right up!

They're still too tight and I still have a muffin top, but there's a noticeable improvement.

I *WILL* be back into those jeans by my birthday! (warrior bellow)

If only 4 more pounds can make that big of a difference, then I can make it!

I'll take one a month until I get there. I promise to post the series on Aug 13! :)

StbucksSal
Wed, May-12-10, 09:07
4 lbs. over 3 weeks is dissatisfying at first, but I'd be really happy with a steady one lb. a week loss over the long term. Imagine 14 lbs. lost by your August 13th picture. If 4 makes this kind of difference 14 is going to feel so great, plus if you stick with it I bet you'll see some wooshes in that time period too. Good job!