PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday was TOUGH... Made it.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

kdorff
Tue, Jan-23-01, 22:25
Interesting. Most days I go by just fine. No supreme desires to not stick to my lo-carb (Atkins style) diet. The diet is somewhat slow going but I have only been back on it for about 3 weeks. Down about 7 pounds.

Anyway, I have been ticking along and yesterday I attended a lunch meeting where people in the lunch had pizza (mandatory meeting). I notified the pizza purchaser I didn't want any pizza and they didn't even buy a kind I liked so it was not a big deal (BTW; I LOVE LOVE pizza). Made it through the meeting without a problem, not a single desire to have any of the pizza.

I went to go get my Lunch and by the time I got to my car I was jonesing for pizza (or something higly carb'd) BIG TIME. I ALMOST gave it but, at almost the last moment, found my strength and stayed good (also lucked out the drive in at the Pizza Hut express had kind of a long line and I HATE lines).

After I found my strength all has been pretty good. Just certain times the desire fills my mind but if I can prevail all is good.

Just wanted to share.
Kevin

NNN
Wed, Jan-24-01, 20:48
That was no easy feat and you did it!! Great news . With will power like this the pounds will come off fast. Hang in there.
NNN

Karen
Thu, Jan-25-01, 00:11
Repeat to yourself (in a Southern US evangelical-style accent):

Carbs are the tool of Satan! Carbs are the tool of Satan!

;)

Karen

Sharon
Thu, Jan-25-01, 14:28
Our favourite is: "poison", "poison"!!!