PDA

View Full Version : Hello I'm new

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LazyDaisy
Tue, Apr-16-02, 18:21
Century Large :daizy:
Hello everyone.. My Name is Sas, I am a soooooon to be retired farmer. Two weeks ago I was diagnosed w/onset adult diabetes.
Last year I did really goooood on weight loss w/"Carb Addicts Healthy h
Heart Program" by Hellers/Vagini. I was doing really good on it, the caught the flu, then Pneomonia. Way to go!! Never got my strength back, never went back on it. I am going to a Diabetes education center in our area, and they told me not to go on that diet. My best friend, suggested I go on the one they are using w/great results. That is the Schwarzbein Principle.. I have the Schwarzbein Principle recipe book, and awaitng the delivery of The Schwarzbein Principle book. She suggested I read it lst.

They have not put me on meds, as my liver is elevated?? I'll find out what that means when I go back to the doc's on Thur. My blood sugars are all over the place. I am almost 57 and I need to get them down, as I have a wonderful Husband who is 72 and I need to be around to love & help him as he gets older! He is willing to go on the diet(life style change) w/me! Any hints to bring these blood sugars down and leveled off would be appricated... Will check out the recipe section later.
Hope everyone has a goooood day!! Thanks Bunches.... Sas

chewie1012
Fri, Apr-19-02, 23:58
Welcome Sas, :wave:
I would suggest you get yourself a journal and when you read the book begin there by keeping track of what your doing. I would also suggest you measure yourself before you begin. I did not do this and know I am not sure how many inches I have lost. Your going to do great! :thup:

TeriDoodle
Sat, Apr-20-02, 07:22
Hello and welcome to the forum! I'm sorry about your recent diagnosis. I was on the road to the same destiny, I'm sure. I've been severely hypoglycemic for 30 years! I've been low-carbiing for 7 weeks and have not had one low blood sugar episode in all that time. I absolutelly guarantee that if you severely reduce your carbs, increase your fat and protein that you will level out your blood sugar. You'll feel worlds better. I'm sure after you read the book, you'll understand much more. You'll be so glad you did!

rosarugosa
Sat, Apr-20-02, 07:47
:wave: Hi Sas and welcome.

I agree with Chewie's suggestions. I think that Sp should help with your problems. The book is one of the most balanced that I have read (and I am a 'diet book ' junkie ~ I have to look thru every new one that comes out ~ I frequent the library so I save money !)

I found the sample menus a lot of help to guide me . Also the pages of healthy/suggested items with 15 carbs and thier serving sizes(it includes whole/ healthy foods that we should eat, not pages of 'junk'to thumb thru, items that no body should eat anyway).

Remember that it is a healing program and not a 'quick ~ lose ten lbs. in a week' type of diet.

I wish you well. Keep us informed on how it goes!

You might not know about or have the Dr.'s web site

http://www.schwarzbeinprinciple.com/