PDA

View Full Version : new member

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Sandee
Sun, Apr-14-02, 20:08
Hi everyone, just by fluke I found this site and I'm so glad I did :) I was beginning to think there wasn't anywhere that had other aussies in it....lol I just started Atkins diet this morning please tell me it works!!!! would love any hints and tips if you have any thanks,
Sandee :)

Reymi_VZ
Sun, Apr-14-02, 23:49
Hi Sandee! Welcome from the Gold Coast. Lot of SEQLders visit this message board.

Congratulations on choosing to go LC, it is a great program, one that is so easy and so successful!

First few days can be rough as you go through with drawl of all your sugar, caffine and carb addictions, but hang in there. After you come out the other side of them, you won't believe how great you will feel,

Best of luck, and you can do it!

Keep us informed on how you go.

Luv

Rey on the Gold Coast

Sandee
Mon, Apr-15-02, 04:33
Hi Rey.........thanks for the welcome, are you on Atkins too ? are you finding it easy ? This is my first day on it and it's 8.30pm but I'm ready for bed and have a huge headache but from what I've read of other peoples post this is pretty much the norm......
Sandee...

Bambi
Mon, May-13-02, 03:07
Hi Sandee, I usually just lurk around, but today I had to tell you that yes it does work.

Good Luck with you weight loss

Regards Bambi

Rosebud
Thu, May-16-02, 18:03
Hi Sandee, welcome! :wave:

Yes, it works! Sometimes slowly, but the fat is is definitely going.
Sandee, how about starting a journal. It's a really good way of keeping track of what you are doing.
Info on how to here (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34155)
Also, Sandee, don't just confine yourself to the Oz section. Have a good sticky beak all around the site - there's an amazing amount of info here.
Happy low carbing!

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

tara_nz
Wed, May-22-02, 04:11
Hi

I can say "Yes, Atkins definitely works" :)
I've lost 42 kg since last July.

There are quite a few kiwis and aussies here, stick around and you'll get to meet a few.

Tara

eebee
Fri, May-24-02, 04:55
Hi Tara- I just spent some time on your site. Its great to have Kiwi/Aussie low carb sites. You have done so well congratulations! Your photos are very inspiring.

I live not far from you - Dunedin. Is it snowing down there yet?

Liz

Cinderella
Fri, May-24-02, 08:42
Hi Sandy.....

Not only does it work..but it's helping other medical problems I have that pertain to insulin levels and sugar levels.
I had those nasty headaches too...grab some tylonal and keep with it. I ate porkrinds sprinkled with melted butter, splenda and cinnimon and sometmes I use pumpkin spice too. Treat yourself to all those legal foods. I found that hard cheese took those sweet cravings away too.

Hugs...Cin :wave:

tara_nz
Fri, May-24-02, 16:23
Hi Liz

Yeah we are pretty close. No snow yet though, although this morning is cold enough to think that snow is close!

Tara