PDA

View Full Version : [CKD] The fat keeps burning off!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

fern2340
Fri, Apr-20-01, 06:07
Just wanted everyone to know that I love reading the posts on this board so I thought I would share my success. Although I do not follow Atkins or CAD, which most people here seem to, I follow a variation, a cyclical ketogenic diet. It has been 2 weeks now and I weighed myself this morning and I am 12 lbs lighter!!! Just wanted to share....... :) what a way to start the weekend!!!

tamarian
Fri, Apr-20-01, 08:00
Congratulations Fern! I will try the CKD some time to tune my workout. Was it easy finding the book? It seems to be out of print these days.

Wa'il

fern2340
Fri, Apr-20-01, 08:04
Thanks tamarian!!!
I don't have a book but you can find excerpts from Lyle McDonald's book on the Internet and much more ckd info on the web. Plus, it helps to have a boyfriend who has done it before and is going through it with you!! (he has lost 7 lbs!)

thanks again.....

Tinakaye
Fri, Apr-20-01, 09:56
Wow your doing awesome and thats great that you have found a plan that works for you so well. :)

numberonewendy
Fri, Apr-20-01, 14:42
:D

Two weeks and 12 lbs lighter....Wow..wtg. What works for you.... I say...yeah babieeee.....lol

Wendy

sherrybee
Sat, Apr-21-01, 04:08
wtg, my low carb sistah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BURN, FERN, BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

fern2340
Sat, Apr-21-01, 10:37
Sherrybee--
Where are you at in PA?????

sherrybee
Sat, Apr-21-01, 11:39
harrisburg, how about you?

fern2340
Sat, Apr-21-01, 12:43
5 minutes outside of Philadelphia.....

sherrybee
Sat, Apr-21-01, 12:50
cool!!!!!!!!!.........i have a local low carb buddy!!!:D

joanne42
Sat, Apr-21-01, 13:04
CONGRATULATIONS FERN...You are well on your way..:)

silvia
Sun, Apr-22-01, 05:45
Hi Fern!
I'm very curious. I've never heard of your diet though I've been arund the web some, looking for diet info... can you tell me something about it or tell me where to look please. I'm always willing to try variations... you never know...

Thanks in advance
Ciao
Silvia

fern2340
Sun, Apr-22-01, 19:31
Here is a site that has CKD info for people unfamiliar with the diet. http://www.hbstores.com/Ketogenicdieting.htm

Another site to look at is http://go.to/quadrafit
There is a good article about this low carb diet.

Hope this helps! Iam doing this diet for 8 weeks and so far, so good.....

Let me know if you want anymore info Silvia!!

fern2340
Mon, Apr-23-01, 06:44
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the well wishes and encouragement! I appreciate it very much!

doreen T
Mon, Apr-23-01, 06:46
Thanks to YOU too, Fern, after all, you did all the hard work... ;)

Doreen

silvia
Tue, Apr-24-01, 01:34
Thanks Fern,

Will definitely let you know how I'm doing....

Bye
Silvia

fern2340
Thu, Apr-26-01, 11:42
Thanks again everyone for the support. I am getting on the scale again tomorrow and I am going to take my measurements for the first time in three weeks... I am actually more concerned about that than the actual numbers on the scale. I'll keep you updated.

I REALLY like the fire next to the topic.... that is what I hope the fat inside is doing....keep on burning!!!

:D

dankar
Thu, Apr-26-01, 14:37
Congratulations Fern! Your success is great news for a newcomer like myself. I never thought I'd look forward to weighing myself ... what a great feeling seeing the number down more than I thought instead of up more than I thought. Just when I don't think it can get any better - IT GETS BETTER! Keep up the good work. dankar

fern2340
Fri, Apr-27-01, 05:51
Well, I didn't get to weight myself this morning b/c the scale at my gym is broken but I did take measurements. In 3 weeks, I have lost an inch in my waist....I am very happy about that! I'll probably weigh myself tonight and I'll let you all know on Monday. :) Have a great weekend!