PDA

View Full Version : Ugh!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

swimchic71
Sat, Apr-13-02, 15:24
I cant seem to stay on the atkins diet on the weekends i totally just binged on chips and candy all day...any advice on how to stop? thanks~Cal

sunsight13
Sun, Apr-14-02, 03:43
Cal, The only way I could stop was to get every last carb out of the house. I gave away three grocery bags of rice, pasta, grits, popcorn, etc. My fridge only has meat, eggs, cheese, cream cheese, vegies, some fruit and some sauces (as low carb and yet tasty as I could get. My cabinets are pretty much the same way. I do have some Splenda to put on fresh strawberries occasionally and sometimes I have some heavy whipping cream that I whip, add Splenda to and whip into some no-sugar Jello. I, too, had problems on weekends and this was my only solution - just don't have the option. When I go shopping I don't go down the aisle that have starches, just circle the outside aisles of the store where the fruit, vegies, meat and dairy products are.

So that is my solution. Susan