PDA

View Full Version : Here Turtle, Turtle, Turtle

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

fleadogs
Sat, Apr-13-02, 07:40
Hello Turtles!

I _think_ I may be joining your esteemed and select group.

1. only 5% of weight off during induction
2. stall immediately after
3. weight loss slow and only in spurts (ie nothing or even a bit of a gain one week and then a loss the next. I weigh only once a week)

And even if all this does not qualify as official turtledom, I've got to say I love this group! My only complaint is that there's not enough posting!!! I've become a BB junkie, what can I say obsessive personalities just can't be stopped ;)

After reading the sticky on turtle requirements and possible suggestions, I will try to eliminate more of the processed meats. They are not high on the nutrition totem pole and are worthy of reduction.

I gotta ask, what do turtles like for snacks? (I really like to eat mini-meals instead of three times a day) I personally need to reduce nuts and if I try to reduce processed meat, I'd like some ideas.

Any suggestions out there?

Karen
Sat, Apr-13-02, 09:05
Cold leftover meats, devilled eggs, pork rinds, chicken wings, canned tuna and salmon, sardines. I would really be cautious of anything artificially sweetened or any dairy products if you find it slow going.

You may find that keeping things really simple will help. Here's a thread to give you a hand:

WHAT IS ATKINS KISS? Join and KISS today! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38149&highlight=atkin%2A+kiss)

Karen