PDA

View Full Version : PammyJo's Mexicalli Chicken

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

PammyJo
Sat, Apr-13-02, 03:09
I created a good dish yesterday. I'll try to be as precise with the directions as I can.

I don't know what I'm gonna officially call it...but for now it's PammyJo's Mexicalli Chicken

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

base

1 1/2 pound of boneless skinless chicken tenders
1 can (4 oz) of diced green chiles
1 can (10 oz) of diced tomatos w/green chiles (I used the Rotel brand)
Salt & Pepper (whatever amt. you're used too)

In a 8x8 baking dish lay the chicken tenders and top with the diced green chiles and the diced tomatos w/green chiles. Add salt and pepper. Bake for about 40 minutes. While chicken is baking...prepare the topping below.

topping

4 oz of cream cheese (softened)
2 large eggs
1/4 cup of sour cream
2 Cups of Shredded Cheese (Mexican 4 cheese blend variety)
1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin

Mix all the above ingrediants well

After about 40 minutes, remove chicken from oven and drain off any liquid. Pour the topping over the top of the baked chicken and spread evenly. Bake for another 10-15 or until topping is set.

Optional: Garnish with chilled sour cream, chopped green onions and or avocado wedges.

I swear this is one of the most awesome dishes I've ever created. It comes out looking beautiful, too.

doreen T
Sat, Apr-13-02, 11:22
hi PammyJo,

This looks REALLY yummy; I'm definitely going to try it. Just happens that my local grocery has boneless, skinless chicken breast on special this week, so guess what I'm going to be stocking up? :D

Just a question --- you wouldn't happen to know the carb count off-hand?? Inquiring minds want to know ;)

thanks again for sharing this :thup:

Doreen

PammyJo
Sat, Apr-13-02, 17:45
Originally posted by doreen T

Just a question --- you wouldn't happen to know the carb count off-hand?? Inquiring minds want to know ;)

About 25 effective carbs for the entire dish. Just divide that by the number of servings you make it...I'd say there about 4 good servings which would be a little over 6 per serving.

doreen T
Sun, Apr-14-02, 07:56
Thankyou!

I'm thinking your idea for the creamy topping might also work well for Greek moussaka, with the appropriate seasonings, feta and parmesan cheese. I tried using soy flour and eggs once, and it was ... er ... um ... blecchh :p

Doreen

Norma June
Sat, Mar-22-03, 19:07
Dumb question here folks but just what exactly are chicken tenders? I've never heard of them.

Looks yummy, I can't wait to try it ... that is once I find out what chicken tenders are. LOL

ckx4
Sat, Mar-22-03, 19:30
Hi Norma June

A chicken tender - also known as a chicken finger, is that finger shaped section (boneless) of the chicken breast. Kind of like a chicken tenderloin. They are often packaged and sold seperately from the boneless breasts.

Rosemary

Arrow
Wed, Mar-26-03, 10:25
Pammy Jo,

Thanks for this one !

I'm boycotting any form of chicken breast 'cause they seem like such a symbol of "low fat diets."

But chicken thighs are much cheaper, and if you want, you can bone 'em, skin 'em, hammer 'em flat, whatever.

My tastebuds can just imagine this dish. I just know it's gonna be really good. And I like the name, too !