PDA

View Full Version : okay...I gave in to temptation...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Felicia85
Wed, Apr-10-02, 18:50
I can't believe that I gave in... It started with a couple crackers, then fried chicken and potatoes for dinner... And cotton candy for a snack. UGH! I feel like crap now and I think this is gonna put me back at day one again... What should I do? Any advice welcome... Thanks! :(

alto
Wed, Apr-10-02, 20:02
I'd just note it down as a lesson learned and go back to The Plan :) How's that? One day is just a day. It takes time to adjust to a new way of eating and change habits. You could be rebelling (I felt as though I had an Inner Saboteur for the first month :) )

See how tomorrow goes. Face it with new resolve, because you never ever want to feel like crap again :)

Good luck!

vmoore2
Wed, Apr-10-02, 20:38
One bad day isnt the end of the world. Just remember your goal and get back on track tomorrow. If you are not in ketosis tomorrow do induction for 5 days or so to get u back into ketosis and then go back to where you left off. I have yo yoed since january and am about 11.5 lb loss. I know I have to say goodbye to the sugar that is making me fat and trade that stuff in for things that are acceptable and this is a great place to get ideas on what to eat. I think we have to just decide this is very important and not ever feel the same way we used to about what we are eating.

DWRolfe
Thu, Apr-11-02, 10:19
You might want to take a few minutes to think about what led up to the binge...

...and why eating fried chicken and potatoes was more important to you than the reasons that brought you to LCing in the first place.

It's true, one day of eating the things you've already identified as being bad for you may not be so bad, but there's a reason behind the behavior. It may be a really simple reason, but identifying it may prevent you from trashing your program completely in the future.

Good luck.

Donald :wave:

razzle
Thu, Apr-11-02, 10:50
great advice above. Forgive yourself, learn something, and move on. You're learning a permanent way of eating in a carby world, and each slip can be a great opportunity for understanding how to negotiate similar situations for the rest of your life.