PDA

View Full Version : to veg or not to veg. Help!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sydney
Tue, Apr-09-02, 15:42
Ok, I am glad that you are all talking about this. I have a bit of a problem. When I first started PP I was eating veggies and salads and still losing weight. My boyfriend was taking a break from Atkins and so his imput on my food cumsumption was min.

Now Tony is back on Atkins and acting like eating a ceasar salad is going to be the end of life as we know it.

I feel guilty now if I go home and make a chicken breast with a side salad for dinner.

I think that I know what I am doing, but I am beginning to doubt myself as I watch him eat nothing but cheese and pepperoni
sticks.

I personally dont think that it is healthy to cut out all fruits and veggies, but how much is to much?

Help, I am starting to feel like a failure!

Karen
Tue, Apr-09-02, 23:31
If Tony is not eating vegetables, then he doesn't have a clue as to what the Atkins plan is.

Get him a copy of the newest edition of Diet Revolution and make him read it.

Karen

sydney
Wed, Apr-10-02, 09:53
Thanks Karen. There is really no talking to Tony about this thought, he has done Atkins before and knows exactly what he needs to do to get the results he wants.

It might be that we are just looking at this thing is from different points of view. I look at it as a lifestyle and because of that, I don't restrict myself to the max.

Tony really wants to lose the weight that he has gained from taking a break from Atkins. I think that he see's it more as a diet sort of thing.

In the end, it is all about me. I know how to best take care of myself and what works for my body. I feel great and I shouldn't let his way, get in the way.

Can't wait for dinner on the 18th. See you then!

Karen
Mon, Apr-22-02, 11:22
Yes, for some people, it's all about getting results and not learning how to keep the results in the process. ;)

Did you actually make it to the dinner? I talked to all the tables and you didn't make yourself known.

There is another one coming up in June. Watch for it in the Canada Forum.

Karen