PDA

View Full Version : Vancouver people????

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lschmidt74
Wed, Apr-18-01, 15:48
Hey there people! This is Lance in Vancouver, BC. I'm new to this posting thing so I don't know the proper "protocol." <grin> Anyway, I'm only on the third day of this induction thingie and so far it's going well. I'd enjoy meeting or chatting with other local people to exchange ideas and for support, yadda, yadda, yadda. A little bit about me. I'm originally from Mississippi, but moved here in October of 1999 to study at Simon Fraser University. I'm following a pre-nursing track and hopefully can attend UBC nursing or some other two year program if and when my immigration papers come through. I live west of Denman in the west end off Stanley Park. It's still a thrill for me to live here by the ocean and mountains after all this time considering the ultra hot, humid, and flat Mississippi River delta that I'm from.

Perhaps hear from some of ya!
Lance

r.mines
Wed, Apr-18-01, 18:56
Hi, Lance, welcome to LCing and this forum! Pleased to meet you! And don't worry, you've got the protocol, such as it is, exactly right! :)

I too live west of Denman near the park - it's gorgeous, isn't it? And I love the 'villagy' atmosphere on Denman and Davie Streets. I was born and raised in the West End, and moved back here a couple of years ago after being away from the neighbourhood for over 25 years. It's changed a lot from when I was a kid, but I still love it!

There are a few of us Vancouverites who meet fairly regularly for coffee, dinners out, potlucks, etc. In fact, it's about time we got together again! I'm working through this weekend (yet again, but it should be the last one for a while), but if people are up for it, how's about coffee next weekend? The 28th or 29th? Wa'il, Karen, anyone????

Rachel

chewy
Wed, Apr-18-01, 19:08
I love the WEst End-Stanley Park seawall is great to be near for biking,walking and runnning along.I live in Dundarave across the bridge in West Vancouver.It's pretty nice too for walking etc.I live near Capers and I work there too.It's a good place for buying organic produce.

tamarian
Wed, Apr-18-01, 19:29
Rachel, the 28th sound good.

Welcome aboard Lance and Chewy!

Wa'il

lschmidt74
Thu, Apr-19-01, 01:10
Hey again everyone!

So far the e-mails sound great! It appears I'm getting into this at the wrong time though. :( The next two weekends I'm out of town and then on May 7 I'm leaving for Mississippi to work for the summer and will return 3 months later on August 11, all thanks to my student visa which pretty much restricts me to not working unless I wanna do the "under the table" thing.

R. Mines: it all sounds good. If it works out before I leave, all the better, but if not, I'll jump into the group when I get back. Leaving Vancouver for the summer is killing me. Hello 43 degree weather with 85% humidity!!!!

Cheers everyone!
Lance

Karen
Thu, Apr-19-01, 01:14
The 28th sounds like a groove (but later, like 11:00 a.m.)and it would be great to meet some new victims...ah, er, low-carbers! ;)

Karen

r.mines
Thu, Apr-19-01, 09:51
Karen, the 28th at 11:00 is pencilled into my book. Any other local denizens want to show up? Chewy? Looking forward to meeting you!

Lance, it's too bad you can't make it weekends. I'm going to be a bit more flexible time-wise after this week (I teach English at UBC and the final exam's today - 60 papers to mark!!), but, if you like, we can meet for coffee on Denman on a week-day evening after the 25th. Anyone else interested?

Rachel

lschmidt74
Thu, Apr-19-01, 09:54
Weekday night after the 25th would work well for me!

Lance

Karen
Fri, Apr-20-01, 11:23
As usual, I'm date dyslexic!

How about the 29th at 11:00?

Karen

tamarian
Fri, Apr-20-01, 11:47
Yes, I meant Sunday as usual, which is the 29th. 11 am sounds good too. For first timers, we meet at Starbucks on Davie and Mainland in downtown Vancouver.

Karen
Fri, Apr-20-01, 13:47
See y'all there! :D

Karen

r.mines
Fri, Apr-20-01, 19:04
Just looked in my calendar again....there is a slight chance I'll be working on the 29th....poo! I'm going to have lots of free time after the 25th, I just forgot about that Sunday....I work about one Sunday a month, on average. I'll keep you posted. Just go ahead and meet without me if I can't make it....I don't mind....honest.....(sniff....)....

Lance, or anyone who wants to meet for an evening coffee on or near Denman, I'm free most evenings after the 25th too.

Rachel