PDA

View Full Version : Anybody on Paxil?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Janice
Tue, Apr-09-02, 10:04
Okay, I'm at the end of my rope! The PMS insanity that once plagued me 3 days out of the month, has turned into two weeks of the month.

An aquaintance of mine has been taking Paxil the last two weeks of her cycle with great success. There is an ongoing study here in Calgary with Paxil as treatment for PMS, taking it just two weeks a month, up until your period starts.

Has anyone out there taken Paxil, and did they find it stalled weight loss or made them gain weight? Has anyone taken it specifically for PMS, just two weeks a month?

Any advice or sympathy greatly appreciated!

Janice

valami72
Mon, Apr-15-02, 17:47
Hello, I hope you are feeling better. I have been taking Paxil for the last couple of months and I think it helps me a lot. I have been on the drug previously, and I did gain a lot of weight, but it was not the Paxil, it was my overeating. This time I am more careful and I am actually loosing weight on the Low Carb Diet. I am only on a very low dose, and I have to say (sorry for repeating myself) Paxil is great! Good luck, best wishes,
Andrea :roll:

Lena gal
Sat, May-04-02, 16:39
I have been in the past and it made me have horrible headaches and insomnia is a side affect.

May I suggest Maximum Living Product by the name of Mineral Rich. It will do wonders for PMS. I just made it through the change of life without losing my sanity and believe me, I nearly did!

DuPont
Thu, May-09-02, 04:23
I would not suggest paxil for pms. It has horrible side effects, why not try something natural like St. john's wort, or 5htp. You could also try wild yam cream to regulate your hormones. :thup: