PDA

View Full Version : Chicken and mushroom alfredo (sans noodles)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

SiZzLE
Mon, Apr-08-02, 15:00
Easy as pie (no pun intended)

Five Brothers makes a Bertolli Lucca Mushroom alfredo sauce with button and portobello mushrooms that tastes divine, and the carb count per 1/4 cup is only 3 gm (less than that on the hidden carb finder). Here is what I do:

1 jar of Five Bros. Bertolli Lucca Mushroom Alfredo Sauce
3-4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
2 cups sliced portobello mushrooms (or any other kind if you prefer)
3 cloves fresh garlic
1-2 tbsp Olive oil
1 tsp basil
1 tsp oregano
salt/pepper to taste
(and any other herbs/spices you want to add)

Mince garlic. Slice chicken into julliene strips (or chunks if you prefer). Slice mushrooms. Brown garlic in olive oil, then add chicken and mushrooms; also basil, oregano, salt pepper, ect.... Saute until chicken is cooked through, and mushrooms softened.
You may want to drain off the extra oil so the sauce won't be too greasy; after you drain off the extra oil, add the jar of alfredo sauce and let simmer about 5 minutes.

I can eat just this in a bowl alone, or add a salad on the side. Its pretty fast to fix and not too many carb, although it might be more for those who are not on induction.

alto
Mon, Apr-08-02, 15:04
That looks really good -- I've made something similar, but I baked whole chicken breasts on a bed of spinach and poured the sauce over it (before baking). Yours sounds better -- it might be good served over spinach. Thanks for the idea!

DWRolfe
Thu, Apr-11-02, 10:33
I'm going to give this a try, too!

I've also been eating the same variety of alfredo sauce and enjoy the taste. I think everyone in my house will eat this which is great.

Thanks for sharing it!

Donald :daze:

DarkLotus
Thu, Apr-11-02, 11:08
That recipe sounds delicious, I think I will make it for dinner tonight. however, I think I'll add some steamed broccoli to it too. :wave:

DWRolfe
Thu, Apr-11-02, 11:24
Ditto on the broccoli addition...

...the's exactly what I was thinking!

Enjoy it!

Donald :daze:

imready
Thu, Apr-11-02, 15:48
Oh, this sound so good! Artichoke hearts might be good here too. Oh the possibilities...

SiZzLE
Sun, Apr-14-02, 18:37
YAY! I had a good idea :D Thanks guys :)

DarkLotus
Mon, Apr-15-02, 08:33
btw, I did make the recipe that night, it was sooo good, I could have sworn I was being bad! :D Also made good leftovers for the freezer when I feel lazy.

GoddessOH
Sat, Apr-20-02, 18:53
Hubby and I make something similar to this and we LOVE it! Thanks for the recipe, I've just been throwing things together in an electric skillet and adjusting them to our taste!

Brandi