PDA

View Full Version : egg and asparagus gratin for one

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

momhmschl2
Sun, Apr-07-02, 07:17
EGG AND ASPARAGUS GRATIN FOR ONE
3 asparagus spears, cut in 1" pieces & boiled for 3 minutes
2 eggs
1 T. heavy cream
1T. parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
pinch of lemon peel
pinch of cayenne pepper

In a well buttered 4- 5" baking dish place asparagus. Break eggs over asparagus. Spoon cream over asparagus and eggs. Sprinkle with seasonings. Bake at 450 for 5 - 7 minutes or until desired doneness of eggs. Remove from oven and add parmesan cheese. Continue to bake 1 more minute.
Carb - 2.5 grams

I found this recipe from the internet. I made a few changes : I used 2 sections of a muffin tin instead of a baking pan. I divided all the ingredients equally, I added a layer of ham 1st, and used munster cheese instead of the parmesan. I thought it was wonderful!

tammay
Thu, Mar-06-03, 13:34
This looks great! I'm looking for fast breakfast ideas. I'm assuming that you can mix and match veggies/cheeses as well and that you can nuke this in the microwave too (just gotta figure out the time :D )

Thanks again!
Tam

zoochef
Tue, Mar-11-03, 11:53
This recipe sounds good. I think I will try it out. Thanks for posting it. Instead of asparagus, you may want to try mushrooms and crabmeat or salmon and try a little seafood seasoning sprinkled on top of it.

Thanks again for the recipe, I see several modifications for it.