PDA

View Full Version : any one from N.B.Canada

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mamie2221
Sat, Mar-30-02, 15:48
Hi, Just wondering if there is any one out there from N.B. Canada. I notice there are a lot of Canadians but it doesn't always say where in Canada. I am new to the low carb and doing well so far. Both my husband and I lost 20 pounds in 6 wks. Kinda at a stand still now. We do like it so far so good. Thanks everyone is so helpful. Carroll

Jo-Ann 2
Wed, Apr-03-02, 09:46
I know not N.B. but N.S. is so close and we get most of the same products. I've seen some N.B. replies around, have you tried search or members threads? They helped me find another L.C. right in my own town.
Yours Truely Jo-Ann :wave:

dcnf
Mon, Apr-08-02, 12:27
Hi...

I was born in New Brunswick - Chatam actually. I moved away when I was three to Prince Edward Island but I later returned to attend university in Fredericton.

Now I live in St. John's, Newfoundland....haven't seen any Newfoundlanders or Labradorians posting in the forums yet....or Prince Edward Islanders!

Nice to see "East Coasters" in the posts....

Best of luck to everyone...this is my first day low-carbing...hope to lose approx. 30 pounds! Yikes - seems daunting.

Bonnie
Fri, May-10-02, 06:16
I just noticed your thread... I live in Fredericton ....hubby and I have been following PP for almost four years.... (together weight loss approx. 80 lbs)... we both have been successful in maintaining our weight loss and good health...there are a few folks listed here from NB but some are now not active members... I post only on occasion since now having the lifestyle down pat...great success with you new WOL.... ;)

Bonnie

mamie2221
Fri, May-10-02, 06:26
Hi, We are on Deer Island, Nice to know that there is someone our there that this way of eating is working. I am just a little concerned as my husband takes some heart med. and didn't know if this is ok with this diet. His book doesn't really say much about it. Alto it says most medication you don't need to take while on this. So that is a bit of puzzlement. It sure is nice when both hubby and your self can be on it. It make it so much eaiser. Thanks for you thread.

Bonnie
Fri, May-10-02, 06:36
Deer Island is beautiful...hubby and I have travelled it many times on our motorcycles and make it a yearly run if possible... as far as the meds are concerned can only speak from my hubby's results... he was taking lipitor for high chloresteral (sp?) and is now med free ...he certainly puzzled his Dr. ... he told him whatever he was doing to keep it up as he was in the best shape he has ever seen him... ;)

Bonnie

myvinny
Mon, Nov-25-02, 18:12
Rachel from New Brunswick

I am from Cross Creek a small village 45 kms north of Fredericton. I moved out here 2 1/2 years ago and was lucky to find a family doctor as soon as I moved here. My symptoms had started in my mid twenties (I am currently 39) but no doctor in Moncton ever told me what I had. I was good to finally have a diagnosis.

I am just looking at starting the lc but don't really know where to start. I am a little confused as to what carbs actually are. I will continue reading and see what I can find out.

I am glad to have found this forum. I am subscribed to a few other lists but they are american. I am subscribed to one canadian list but it doesn't seem to be very active.

Talk to you all soon :D

Rachel

Bonnie
Mon, Nov-25-02, 19:07
Originally posted by myvinny
Rachel from New Brunswick

I am from Cross Creek a small village 45 kms north of Fredericton. I moved out here 2 1/2 years ago and was lucky to find a family doctor as soon as I moved here. My symptoms had started in my mid twenties (I am currently 39) but no doctor in Moncton ever told me what I had. I was good to finally have a diagnosis.

I am just looking at starting the lc but don't really know where to start. I am a little confused as to what carbs actually are. I will continue reading and see what I can find out.

I am glad to have found this forum. I am subscribed to a few other lists but they are american. I am subscribed to one canadian list but it doesn't seem to be very active.

Talk to you all soon :D

Rachel

:wave: Rachel...I live on Fredericton Northside and you are lucky to have found a family Dr. here ;) have a few friends who still are having trouble with all the shortages :rolleyes: :rolleyes: the best thing you can do for yourself is too take the time to read some helpful tips here...I will attach a few...

http://www.lowcarb.ca/atkins-diet-and-low-carb-plans/index.html

http://www.lowcarb.ca/tips.html

this will get you started....you should also try to read some LC Books and you will also find a link at the top of this page for suggestions... good luck getting started and if I can help in any way be pleased to do so...B

myvinny
Tue, Nov-26-02, 06:54
Bonnie

Thank you very much for the info. I have bookmarked both sites. They seem very interesting and I hope they will enlighten me.

Last night, I found a site that lets you calculate how much carbs, fats and proteins you eat in a day. I had eaten 260 carbs yesterday (and probably forgot a few foods that I had eaten). It nearly blew me over! I have no idea what the norm is but by reading some of the Atkins stuff, it says to start with 20/day. That may explain why I am having such a hard time losing weight. I have been going to Curves since the first of September and have lost 8 lbs and 5 inches. I go 3 times/week.

I really want to get into the lc thing but I don't seem to know where to start. I am hoping that with all the reading, I will figure it out.

Thanks for your message. You seem to have it mastered! :wave:

Bonnie
Tue, Nov-26-02, 08:11
Hubby and I have been following this WOE since Dec' 99 and yes have mastered what works for us...there are several informative threads here....just peruse the board and you will find all kinds of helpful info on just about any topic you have questions on...if you have a specific question and can't find what you are looking for just ask ...lot's of great folks here to give you advice :wave: ....B

Quiet Man
Tue, Dec-10-02, 15:49
I was born and lived a lot of my life in Saint John. I still get back a couple of times/year to visit relatives.

Bonnie
Tue, Dec-10-02, 16:26
Originally posted by Quiet Man
I was born and lived a lot of my life in Saint John. I still get back a couple of times/year to visit relatives.

Gee, I see you just joined today and you already have 13 posts under your belt ;) way to go! :thup: as you can see I am from Fredericton.. born and raised...have travelled around Canada a fair amount but returned home with family and love it here :thup: ...B

Quiet Man
Tue, Dec-10-02, 20:17
Hi Bonnie'
What part of Saint John did you grow up in? I was from the North End and went to SJHS, then later moved to Westfield, then on to Montreal, then Toronto, then london. We are now in the process of deciding about staying at our Fla place (Long Boat Key) for 6 mos and Canada 6 mos

Bonnie
Wed, Dec-11-02, 17:48
Hi Bonnie'
What part of Saint John did you grow up in? I was from the North End and went to SJHS, then later moved to Westfield, then on to Montreal, then Toronto, then london. We are now in the process of deciding about staying at our Fla place (Long Boat Key) for 6 mos and Canada 6 mos

Somehow I am having trouble calling you Quiet Man :D quite an oxymoron :rolleyes: :rolleyes: anyhoo...hubby and I also travel south but only after Christmas...have to spend it with the kiddies ;) not sure where Long Boat Key is but would take a stab at it being over near Sarasota :) ok how far off am I... I suspose you are going to tell me that it is in the keys :D we are on the east coast north of Vero...B

Quiet Man
Wed, Dec-11-02, 18:52
Yes, it is on the tip of Sarasota

Bonnie
Thu, Dec-12-02, 12:19
Yes, it is on the tip of Sarasota

Ironically my next door neighbors, "The Fowlers", have a winter home in Bradenton and we have visted them a few times... he who is also originally from St. John took us on a tour of the area including Long Boat Key ... very beautiful area :thup: ...B

ljclowater
Sun, Dec-15-02, 20:13
Still here, still a low carber at heart too! But this has been a "lots more carb than good for me" couple of months! Going to try damage control over Christmas, but most of my resolve seems to come back Jan 1st.

Originally from Fredericton, moved to the National Capital Region 3 years ago. Good to see so many Maritimers here!

shutt22
Sun, Dec-15-02, 21:55
Well, I'm not a Maritimer, but I'm from the east coast just the same. I moved to Ottawa from Newfoundland a few years ago.

Most people here in Ontario would consider us all from the same place anyway. To them, there are only four provinces; Ontario, Quebec, Out East, and Out West. :D

shutt

Bonnie
Mon, Dec-16-02, 04:27
Originally posted by shutt22

Most people here in Ontario would consider us all from the same place anyway. To them, there are only four provinces; Ontario, Quebec, Out East, and Out West. :D

shutt

Boy, have you got that right! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ...B