PDA

View Full Version : What does this mean?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ellmo
Sat, Mar-30-02, 14:35
Hi,

Can someone please tell me what the little ipicture on my profile is. It looks like someone climbing green stairs and says 23%. Sorry if I am being dumb, but I can't think what it represents.

Also, an angel picture just flew accross my monitor. Why does that happen?

Natrushka
Sat, Mar-30-02, 14:43
Hi there Ellmo :) The picture under your name is your percentage icon - the 23% represents how far you have come. You are 23% of the way to your goal weight. As you lose you update your current weight and the number changes (You do this by clicking on the "profile" icon located on the top right of every page).

The fairy you saw flying across the main forum page is the whoosh fairy - you see her everytime you post :)

Nat

doreen T
Sat, Mar-30-02, 14:50
hi ellmo, welcome to our forum :)

The little picture with your profile is a scale .. the person is holding a tape measure in outstretched arms, with a graph above. The 23% is how much weight you've lost toward your goal. Each time you update your profile with the change as you lose weight, the % will go up correspondingly. Congrats on your success so far!

The little angel is our Whooosh Angel ... she brings you good luck for weight loss. A "whoosh" is the term used to describe when you've been low carbing quite nicely, and the scales seem to be stuck, then one morning you get up and find that 3 lbs have whooshed off! Post often, because she picks and chooses at random when to appear.

Happy low carbing, and many you have many whooshes ;)

Doreen

ellmo
Sat, Mar-30-02, 14:50
Thanks for the reply Natrushka and Doreen,

I am slowly finding my way around this site and figuring out what most things mean but there's a lot to learn (and that's before I even start reading the posts).

thanks again,

Eleanor

Saccharine
Wed, Jun-18-03, 09:16
oooh....
now i am very much looking forward to seeing this angel. This is a WONDERFUL website. thanks!