PDA

View Full Version : Low Carb Stores - Louisville KY Area??

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Hondo
Sat, Dec-13-08, 06:49
Anyone know of any low carb specialty stores in the Louisville area? We used to have several however they have gone out of business.

I do find some low carb stuff at Meijer and Walmart but its scattered and the selection varies. Even GNC has stopped carrying much low carb.

Thanx!

Cajunboy47
Sat, Dec-13-08, 08:06
Low carb foods exist in every grocery store. Meats, eggs, cheese, green vegetables, etc......

In my experience, if it is packaged and labeled as "Low-Carb" food, it is never as healthy and beneficial as eating foods that are minimally processed or even better non-processed....

I'm ok with others choosing these so named; "Low-Carb" foods, but in nature, low-carb exists all around us, and it irks me that there is so much advertising in the media that cause us to believe to eat low carb we have to buy specially made products.

Sorry for ranting.... no offense intended... :)

Hondo
Sat, Dec-13-08, 11:13
Low carb foods exist in every grocery store. Meats, eggs, cheese, green vegetables, etc......

In my experience, if it is packaged and labeled as "Low-Carb" food, it is never as healthy and beneficial as eating foods that are minimally processed or even better non-processed....

I'm ok with others choosing these so named; "Low-Carb" foods, but in nature, low-carb exists all around us, and it irks me that there is so much advertising in the media that cause us to believe to eat low carb we have to buy specially made products.

Sorry for ranting.... no offense intended... :)

This is all true of course... however it would be nice to have a single source for some additional items that some of us like to use.

Kisal
Sat, Dec-13-08, 12:31
Anyone know of any low carb specialty stores in the Louisville area? We used to have several however they have gone out of business.

I do find some low carb stuff at Meijer and Walmart but its scattered and the selection varies. Even GNC has stopped carrying much low carb.

Thanx!Try this link for the International Low-Carb Yellow Pages (http://www.lowcarb.ca/low-carb-tools/local_shopping.html), which is listed under Tools on the green tool bar at the top of the page. It's how I found the lc store in my city. :thup:

hinz
Mon, Dec-15-08, 18:47
Even GNC has stopped carrying much low carb.

OMG...I KNOW!!! and it makes me mad..i have the same problem..i can barely find any stores here that carries low carb items..the only thing i can find is low carb wraps from the local pick 'n save...*sigh*

btw....thanks for the link Kisal!! :)

hinz
Mon, Dec-15-08, 18:49
This is all true of course... however it would be nice to have a single source for some additional items that some of us like to use.

definitely...i totally understand..

Kisal
Mon, Dec-15-08, 20:04
I can buy a few lc products (nut meals, gums, coconut oil, etc.) locally in health food stores and organic foods stores. Other than that, lc products, like DaVinci's sf syrups, are rare. Fortunately, there is one little lc grocery store in my city. I found it using the link I posted above. :)