PDA

View Full Version : HELP! I'm so tired!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

In_Control
Wed, Mar-27-02, 15:18
Hey everybody!

I'm on day 10 of the Atkins induction diet and I'm dying here with exhaustion! :exclm:

When I go up the stairs my legs burn and I just don't have something that I use to have because I'm out of breath too! I have two little ones (1 and 3 yr olds) and I can't afford this loss of energy.

I kinda feel like I'm in a bad mood and grouchy too. :devil: Poor hubby. :(

Anyone else had these problems? What do I do??? Please help!!!

DWRolfe
Wed, Mar-27-02, 15:39
I recall being exhausted early on in this WOE/WOL too...

...and I think I was grumpy on and off for a few weeks too. But the grumpiness passed, overridden by the happiness and pride related to completing Induction.

Of course I'm no doctor, but I'm guessing you're having carb and sugar withdrawal which is contributing to your lack of energy and UMS (Ugly Mood Swings.... ;) )

Are you certain you're eating enough and not holding back because of the old low cal, low fat approach to reducing? How about suppliments? Taking all that you should be?

Hope you're feeling better soon...

Donald :)

wbahn
Wed, Mar-27-02, 16:02
Hi!

If you are doing things correctly, then you should be seeing a significant energy pick up fairly soon. Different people take different amounts of time to detoxify.

So the next question is whether you are doing things correctly.

Are you drinking enough water? At LEAST 96 oz per day?

Are you eating enough calories? Somewhere in the 2000 to 2500 range?

Are you eating enough carbs? Eat all three cups of veggies that are allowed. You need them.

Are you taking a suitable supplement? Other threads have gone into this far better than I can, so I would do some searching and reading.

Good luck! Let us know how things progress.

In_Control
Wed, Mar-27-02, 20:59
Thanks for the replies. I am new to the forum. I'll have to do some searching, but the info you gave me was helpful. It's good to know other's have had the same thing happen and it will pass if I keep on the program.

I'm really resolved to see this through. Thanks again for the help.

Victoria
Fri, Mar-29-02, 10:34
It could be a potassium shortage. Use fake salt that has potassium chloride in it. I started using that a little while ago and found that I feel much better. What you are describing could just be detoxing, but check out the No Salt or Morton Lite Salt. See if that helps. ;) Victoria