PDA

View Full Version : [CKD] Question for Dan about cycling dieting

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

BigGonz
Wed, Mar-27-02, 07:53
Dan,

My question has to do with cycling dieting. I've basically been dieting for the past 7 months. I just recently started the Atkins plan 4 weeks ago, and have had imperceptible weight loss. I know you're not an MD, but you seem to have tons of experience on the subject. I've taken my morning temp the past three days, and have come up with Mon.-97.1/Tue.-97.2/Wed.-96.8, I detect a trend here. I was wondering if you recommend to your clients to take a break from dieting, or do you think I should just try and add the CKD now? I ordered a thyroid supplement (Metabolic Thyrolean) and am going to add this to my daily supplements. Should I cycle the CKD? This plateau is starting to crawl on my nerves. :mad: Thinking my thyroid is establishing a set point. Thanx for your time

Trainerdan
Wed, Mar-27-02, 09:18
go after your thyroid first, as you suspected.

If the thyrolean doesn't do the trick, get back to me. There are like 10 other tricks you can implement, including changing your macronutrient ratios to give your fat loss a kick in the butt.

Keep doing the AM temp thing too. That's the key to see hwo your your "engine" is revving.