PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts of Tight Jeans

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Tue, Dec-02-08, 22:17
Last night I thought I'd pull out my tightest pants to see where I really am with this weight/inch loss stuff.

I knew I was taking a chance it would depress the hell out of me if they didn't fit...if I couldn't get them past my hips. Oh lawd if they wouldn't go pass my thighs.

I'd be happy if they just came up to my hips. They didn't have to close or come around my butt. I was really just hoping they would get past my thighs and that in itself would be a lot of progress since about 4 months ago they wouldn't go past my knees. :o

So I held my breath as I slowly pulled them up. Talking to myself all the way...now Gail...don't let this get you down...it's a work in progress...yada yada...yada.

Okay, we got pass the knees, here comes the thighs...hold your breath...hold your breath...oh God they are going past my thighs and around my hips and my butt...oh my God they are on, but can I zip them...can I zip them? Oh God! I can zip them? Yes. I can zip them.

Can I sit down? Can I sit down? I can sit down. Oh God I can sit down in my tightest jeans and I can take a knee too. :thup:

I wore those pants so proudly to work today. You couldn't tell me I wasn't a size 9 because that's what I felt like.

I had to do some floor work today too. I had to recable some hardware and all I could think of is if these pants come apart I'm gonna die, but I was able to take a knee and roll around on the floor. Granted there was some panting as I looked around to make sure no one could see should I pass out in these tight jeans. :lol:

The funny part though is lunch time. I decided I'd better not eat lunch 'cause there wasn't a *speck* of room left in those jeans for any bloating. So I ate a few pumpkin seeds for lunch and saved my actual lunch for when I got home for dinner. I didn't need anything blowing my pants high out the window. :p

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r238/AussieTPP/Animated%20Stuff/3cf61eba-1.gif

Dive deeply into who you really are, and have the courage to explore your most treasured dreams. Keep yourself connected to those dreams, and they will play out upon the stage of your life. ~Ralph Marston

Live life abundantly and enjoy yourself in your “Journey To Wellness” because it is by the grace of God that we are able to do so. ~Gail~

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of you heart ~Psalms 37:4

Judynyc
Tue, Dec-02-08, 22:27
Thats a great story!! Good for you! :thup:

Thanks for sharing.

.....I recall the first time I got into my skinny jeans...it was a great day!! :)

CValentine
Tue, Dec-02-08, 22:54

Absolutely Awesome!!!!!!

I can't wait to tuck back into my skinny jeans!!!!

Thrilled for you Girl!!! Woot!!! ~Cheryl

pammieanne
Wed, Dec-03-08, 06:51
Ah yes... the tight jeans that actually aren't tight anymore! OK, mebbie a bit snug, but zipped, snapped and worn in public is such a huge achievement!!!

You go girl!! I'm proud of you!

donnaliz67
Wed, Dec-03-08, 08:11
Awesome!!! I had to laugh at the part about being afraid to eat lunch...but anyway you should be so proud of yourself!! Thanks for sharing a great feel-good story.

molmerlin
Wed, Dec-03-08, 09:20
YUP, pretty much nothing cooler than getting into smaller jeans. congrats on your victory

girlbug2
Wed, Dec-03-08, 09:37
Gotta love that feeling!

One of my goals for the end of the month is to get into my own pair of skinny jeans.

BMarieB
Wed, Dec-03-08, 11:16
I still have a pair of mine hanging in my closet, worn in black Levis, I love them but haven't fit into them for years! I am so excited!
Your story made me more excited!
Congratulations on your loss! Good for you!

Wed, Dec-03-08, 13:25
Thanks ladies. :wave:

Yeah...it feels so good that's for sure and today I am yet another 1 lbs down. :thup:

So yeah, I'm really jazzed today. My spirit is feelin' good. :dazzle:

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r238/AussieTPP/Animated%20Stuff/3cf61eba-1.gif

Dive deeply into who you really are, and have the courage to explore your most treasured dreams. Keep yourself connected to those dreams, and they will play out upon the stage of your life. ~Ralph Marston

Live life abundantly and enjoy yourself in your “Journey To Wellness” because it is by the grace of God that we are able to do so. ~Gail~

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of you heart ~Psalms 37:4

Melesana
Wed, Dec-03-08, 14:22
That's wonderful, Gail! Congratulations! Thanks for sharing that. I have a way to go before I can even get into my "not quite so fat" jeans, and once again, you're inspiring me. That must have felt so good.

Meg

RDS
Wed, Dec-03-08, 17:10
Congratulations. You go girl!

bigmumma
Wed, Dec-03-08, 17:29
What a great feeling...congratulations :)

I managed to fit into a pair of size 16 jeans and felt so proud of myself. I ate lunch that day, and like you had a great high from knowing that I got them up and that I didn't explode out of them! I still have sizes 14, 12, 10, 8, and a size 6 pair of jeans that I hope to fit into soon and that I hope will give me the same great feeling each time I zip one of those pairs up again and throw out the bigger ones.

May all your jeans always go up and over and snap up just perfectly!

Astra1
Tue, Dec-09-08, 05:34
Wonderful story. Congratulations for you success.