PDA

View Full Version : Cheeseburger Quiche anyone???????????

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

l_knierim
Tue, Mar-26-02, 19:07
My family loves this one, I got this off the Atkins board on ivillage.

ing:
1/2 lb ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
3 whole eggs
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
salt/pepper to taste
and any other spices you like
I even have adden some spinach

Dir:
brown beef and onion in skillet, Drain any fat or liquid from pan. Whisk together eggs,mayo, cream and spices. Mix cheese into egg mixture,then add to beef and onion. Pour all into a 8" greased pie pan. Bake at 350 for 45 min or till set. Remove and let sit 10min before serving.

This reheats really well.I even like turkey meat in it.

I hope you all enjoy.Lynn ;)

DWRolfe
Wed, Mar-27-02, 08:31
some chopped celery and bacon to make it more of a "Country Quiche"...

It's delicious and re-heats well for breakfast or lunches, too.

I've also made it with less mayo but 4 oz softened cream cheese to give it a little more bulk. Very good.

Donald :wave:

l_knierim
Wed, Mar-27-02, 14:30
I never thought of the cream cheese, that would make it less greasy I would think. Sound great. The other sounds good too. Thanks for the info. Lynn :D

adnil53
Fri, Mar-29-02, 19:33
:thup: I tried your cheeseburger quiche. I didn't have any cheese so I used 1.5 cups of Tofu instead of the cheese. Every one liked it! :exclm: I looked up the totals on fitday and this is what they are dividing it into 6 servings:

With 1 ½ cups Tofu
Calories: 420.16
Fat: 36.33
Carbs: 6.33
Fiber: 1
Protein: 18.66

With 1 ½ cups cheese
Calories: 602.66
Fat: 51
Carbs: 6.66
Fiber: .83
Protein: 30

With 1 cup Tofu and ½ cup cheese
Calories: 481
Fat: 41.16
Carbs: 6.5
Fiber: 1
Protein: 22.33

I also mixed in 1 cup of fresh spinach, just before I baked it. It was really good. Thanks for the recipe :cheer:

CharM
Tue, Dec-17-02, 19:57
Made this, and it is fantastic.

I added 4 oz cream cheese, and lowered the cream to 1/4 C.

I topped my with a dollop of sour cream.

Yummy - thank you for posting.

FionaC
Sat, Apr-12-03, 19:14
I made this yesterday...

I added the 4 oz cream cheese and dropped the mayonnaise to 1/4c and cream to 1/4c and added 4 rashers (slices) bacon, some garlic and it was great! (those figures are for a single batch of this quiche I doubled the mixtures to make a large batch so there are plenty of single portions in the freezer now ready for a quick reheat meal!)

Thanks for posting this recipe, judging by the reactions in the house it will become a firm favourite here!

:D Fiona :D

BlitzedAng
Fri, Mar-19-04, 13:46
Lowcarbluxury.com has it too. Liked it alot.