PDA

View Full Version : Bru's Pumpkin/Flax Cream Cheese Log

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Bru88
Fri, Nov-21-08, 17:45
Default Pumpkin/Flax cream cheese roll
Mix
1 cup of flax meal
1tsp cinnamon
½ tsp. Pumpkin spice
2 tsp baking powder
4 eggs
½ stick melted butter
½ cup SF
Davinci maple flavor syrup
1 cup pumpkin
Mix well pour into cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
Bake at 350 until done, about 20 minutes

Cream cheese 8oz softened to room temperature
add ½ cup of SF Davinci maple flavored syrup
Whip until smooth and spread on pumpkin flax bread slowly roll into log, slice across roll will give you pretty spirals.

Tips; make sure your pumpkin/flax bread is still warm, not hot, when you spread your icing, it rolls much better when its still warm. On the cream cheese icing you can add more sweetener if you like it really sweet. Roll across the short way, makes a long loaf, but great size pieces to snack on. Place in frig to cool before slicing. I like to slice them 1 inch thick.

I used fitday.com to figure values. I did not include the 1 cup total of Davinci SF maple syrup in the totals, been told its zero, liquid splenda, but make your own decision there.

Calories 2174
Fat 196.7
Protein 47.4
Carbs 79.8
Fiber 51.0
Net Carbs 28.8

The roll should yield 15 pieces so about 2 net carbs each.

Cajunboy47
Fri, Nov-28-08, 07:49
Dang Bru, that sounds good.

Flax
Pumpkin
Cinnamon

Not exactly low carb, but with those three ingredients to counter the carb effect on blood sugars and insulin secretion, not a bad recipe. I'd eat it!!!

Nancy LC
Fri, Nov-28-08, 09:14
Can you explain, Cajunboy? Pumpkin is 13 net carbs per cup. Cinnamon is negligible. Flaxseed is 3 net carbs per cup.

At 2 carbs per serving... what isn't low carb about it? You could eat the whole dang thing and only get 29 net carbs.

Samantha22
Fri, Nov-28-08, 09:59
Just thought i'd share....BRU this was a delicious recipe! I had to tweak mine a tad just because i lacked the divincis....
I had to freeze the leftovers or i'd eat them all!
One of the best LC desserts i've made thus far!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/lilbratinco/P1000766.jpg

Try4Me
Fri, Nov-28-08, 10:07
Sounds delish!

I just found this today.
I will try this one for Christmas. Too late for Thanksgiving.

Samantha 22,
Let us know how it is after being frozen. Then, I could make it ahead of time.

Thank you Bru for sharing this recipe.

Try4Me
Fri, Nov-28-08, 10:12
Oh, Bru, what size can of pumpkin did you use??

I am thinking the 15 oz.....correct?

Samantha22
Fri, Nov-28-08, 10:13
Sounds delish!

I just found this today.
I will try this one for Christmas. Too late for Thanksgiving.

Samantha 22,
Let us know how it is after being frozen. Then, I could make it ahead of time.

Thank you Bru for sharing this recipe.

I definately will!
I froze 8 slices, with a piece of wax paper between each.
I was craving one this morning but didn't take a piece out...that would have defeated the whole purpose of putting it in the freezer..lol.

Bru88
Fri, Nov-28-08, 11:59
Sharon

Oh, Bru, what size can of pumpkin did you use??

I used just one cup of pumpkin....Bru :wave:

Try4Me
Fri, Nov-28-08, 12:43
Thank you,
I read the 'cup' for 'can'....need to clean my glasses!;)

Cajunboy47
Fri, Nov-28-08, 19:33
Can you explain, Cajunboy? Pumpkin is 13 net carbs per cup. Cinnamon is negligible. Flaxseed is 3 net carbs per cup.

At 2 carbs per serving... what isn't low carb about it? You could eat the whole dang thing and only get 29 net carbs.

Sorry Nancy, I only look at the carb count, never net carbs....

I look at foods in terms of what doesn't impact blood sugars negatively in the long term.

Sure it is low net carbs, but not low carbs, not by my measurement, but then I eat up to 150g of carbs a day, which might be a lot less in "net" carb measurements, but I have never done that. I'm not saying net carbs don't count, I'm just saying I don't count net carbs... :)

Cajunboy47
Fri, Nov-28-08, 19:38
Yuck, just noticed canned pumpkin was used.....

Sorry, I opt for the fresh pumpkin. I can't remember the last time I ate canned anything.....

Did the canned pumpkin have any additives? I have developed a fear of additives in canned goods in the last 4 years, sorry if I am offending anyone, just my quirk, I suppose.....

Gosh, besides tomato sauce every now and then, we never open anything in a can.

y0u
Fri, Nov-28-08, 21:19
we never open anything in a can.

What about a can of Whoopass? Just kidding, I really could not resist, you set yourself up there.

Bru, your recipe was/is delicious, thanks for sharing.

rodmick
Fri, Nov-28-08, 21:26
Sounds great!

Samantha22
Mon, Dec-01-08, 13:27
**update**

the pumpkin roll is delicious after being frozen!
set it on the counter til it thaws or microwave for a few seconds.

Cajunboy47
Mon, Dec-01-08, 13:43
What about a can of Whoopass?

Whoo pass? I never heard of it... Is that a can that you open and say Whoo!, then you pass the can to someone else? :lol:

I did eat pumpkin with shark fin before and that tasted pretty good. Very rich dish in more was then one...

Bru88
Mon, Dec-01-08, 14:32
Thanks Samantha, sounds great have to freeze some next time....Bru :wave:

Try4Me
Mon, Dec-01-08, 19:46
Thank you Samantha for reporting back.

Thank you Bru for sharing your recipe with us!

Bru88
Mon, Dec-01-08, 19:51
Glad you enjoyed it Sharon. I'll have to play with some more recipes soon! I never was much into baking....Bru :wave:

Hismouse
Mon, Dec-08-08, 19:36
OMGosh, I have to make this! it looks heavenly

Luzyanna
Mon, Dec-08-08, 23:33
Yuck, just noticed canned pumpkin was used.....

Sorry, I opt for the fresh pumpkin. I can't remember the last time I ate canned anything.....

Did the canned pumpkin have any additives? I have developed a fear of additives in canned goods in the last 4 years, sorry if I am offending anyone, just my quirk, I suppose.....

Gosh, besides tomato sauce every now and then, we never open anything in a can.

Just gotta find humor in a Cajun refusing to eat something. :lol: :lol: :lol:

lyzjnqtpy
Tue, Feb-03-09, 23:35
She meant a can of kickbutt.
I thought it was very funny!

The recipe looks fantastic and if it wasn't midnight I would go make it.

egornick
Wed, Apr-08-09, 13:53
omg.... pardon the lack of profile, avatar, or anything personal. i just found this forum, and what a tasty looking thread to stumble upon my arrival.

WOW! :)

i'll be making this by the end of the week and i'll be sure to post my happiness afterwards. thank you for your cleverness!

Bru88
Wed, Apr-08-09, 13:59
egornick welcome to the site! Enjoy the pumpkin roll, drop by my journal and let me know how you liked it...Bru :wave:

Mousesmom
Thu, Apr-09-09, 16:39
Just thought i'd share....BRU this was a delicious recipe! I had to tweak mine a tad just because i lacked the divincis....
I had to freeze the leftovers or i'd eat them all!
One of the best LC desserts i've made thus far!

Just curious - what did you use in place of DaVinci's?

thanks, Julie

Bru88
Fri, Apr-10-09, 09:04
Julie I'm sorry I don't remember what I subbed in, I now have the Davinci syrups. I now use the pumpkin spice Davinci. I think I used some powdered sweetener, not sure its been so long ago. Sorry I'm not more help...Bru :wave:

Kirsteen
Sun, Apr-29-12, 03:36
Bumping this up, as it was very popular at the time.. just for anyone who needs an occasional crutch

Rosebud
Sun, Apr-29-12, 04:11
Bumping this up, as it was very popular at the time.. just for anyone who needs an occasional crutch
There is no need to bump recipe threads, as you can find links to all threads in the Contents sticky. ;)

Kirsteen
Sun, Apr-29-12, 09:04
Ah, Rosebud.. Thanks for pointing this out. I don't usually look at the dessert place, so I hadn't twigged that there is an index here.

Robin120
Sun, Apr-29-12, 17:13
i have used this recipe and lovvvvvvvvvvved it. i was nervous about rolling it= thought i might break it or whatever, so i made the pumpkin bread into mussfins and then frosted them with the creamcheese. :yum: