PDA

View Full Version : Wegmans, the best Grocery Store I've ever seen!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LCTrekker
Tue, Nov-11-08, 20:48
A new Wegmans opened a few miles from my house, so I went the other day. I got a LC Quiche Lorraine that's only 5 carbs per slice (1/4 of the quiche) and it is the tastiest thing I've ever had in my entire life. None of the other stores in my area have an actual butcher, fish or cheese monger. I got a standing rib roast for $5.99 a pound! New York strip steaks and ribeyes for $5.99 a lb too! I have never seen so much beautiful meat in one place. I had been buying steaks from Omaha Steaks (you buy 'em in a store or off the internet and they come individually vacuum sealed and frozen) but I got more than twice as much meat for a lot less. Plus the Wegmans has the largest variety of fruits and vegetable I've ever seen. They only seem to be located on the upper half of the east coast, but if there's one near you it would definitely be worth your while to check it out.

BetsyJ64
Wed, Nov-12-08, 11:57
I live in Wegmans-land (originated here) and it's really the only place I shop! You absolutely cannot beat their fresh produce.

Starina
Thu, Jan-22-09, 21:08
I'm a Wegman's fan also. Great produce, natural foods section, meat and seafood, and the best customer service around.

zorra_1
Sun, Jan-25-09, 09:54
I :rheart: Wegmans! I went to one in Wilkes Barre, PA a few months ago (for the first time). Sweet Jebus! The place was about the size of an entire block! Great prepared meal options and their organic/natural section had quite a variety!