PDA

View Full Version : kfc without the skin on

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

chellbi
Sun, Oct-12-08, 09:00
hi there would like some fellow lcers to advise on wether they think that kfc chicken without the skin on would be okay as the carbs lie within the seasoning . cheers chellbi

Kisal
Sun, Oct-12-08, 12:54
Ummm ... just my opinion, but although it's probably okay once in awhile, I wouldn't make it a regular part of my diet. Do you know whether or not the meat is soaked in a marinade before being breaded and fried?

girlbug2
Sun, Oct-12-08, 14:24
My concern is the same as Kisal's. I can no longer eat the rotisserie chicken at the grocery store (and probably not anywhere else either) since I found out it is soaked in a brine that includes HFCS in order to make it tender and juicy. KFC might do something like that.

Having said that, in a pinch I would eat the KFC without the skin. It probably would be boring, tho :(

Kisal
Sun, Oct-12-08, 16:11
My concern is the same as Kisal's. I can no longer eat the rotisserie chicken at the grocery store (and probably not anywhere else either) since I found out it is soaked in a brine that includes HFCS in order to make it tender and juicy. KFC might do something like that.Wouldn't surprise me at all!

Annie1gi
Sun, Oct-12-08, 16:44
I do it once in a while, but not often for the same reasons as posted above.......you just don't know! What you don't know can hurt you.....LOL

y0u
Sun, Oct-12-08, 21:23
http://www.kfc.com

You can get all the nutrition data here. And yes it has high fructose corn syrup/dextrose and tons of MSG in it. They use different recipes depending on which region of the country you live in. It's also some of the most chemically raised chicken out there.

chellbi
Mon, Oct-13-08, 03:05
okay well i gave it a go, i was out at a kids birthday party, so wanted to have something to eat first as i knew the party food would be off limits. it was boring to say the least! but hasn't caused any weight gain and i'm still in ketosis. saying that though i don't think it one i will repeat soon!

~Renee~
Mon, Oct-13-08, 04:42
We do not soak or marinade the chicken in anything before breading and frying it.

I have been eating it sans skin/breading 4 or 5 times a week for the last yr and have had no problems as far as weight loss.

Here's a tip. If you decide to eat it, try an extra crispy breast, as it is easier to remove the skin and breading than on the original and you get the most edible meat for your buck (as opposed to a thigh or leg...not much left after removing the offending parts.)

johndeb420
Mon, Oct-13-08, 04:50
worked there when in high school many many many years ago.. in the mid seventies... the chicken was never soaked in anything all the carbs would be in the coating