PDA

View Full Version : Sugar in milk.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

GregB
Tue, Oct-07-08, 04:53
Is the sugar in milk natural or is some added? I just relized that a serving of 2% milk has 12 carbs and 11 sugar. Is there another chice?

JudyW
Tue, Oct-07-08, 04:58
There is something called Almond Breeze which has 8 carbs per 8 ounces. It's not in the refrigerated section - it's in a paper carton -- I believe in the baking aisle?? I've not tried it but think I'm going to pick some up so I can make some sugar free pudding. I've had a craving for chocolate lately and figure it would be a good substitute for milk. Even Soy milk has quite a few carbs. Good luck GregB!

PghLady74
Tue, Oct-07-08, 09:18
If you shop at Wal Mart look for Hood Calorie Countdown milk. I can't drink regular milk even when not eating LC because of lactose intollerance but I can drink this with no problem.

jschwab
Tue, Oct-07-08, 09:44
Yes, there is sugar in milk ujust to answer your original question.

GregB
Tue, Oct-07-08, 10:30
Is it added or natural?

liddie01
Tue, Oct-07-08, 11:11
natural, the higher the fat, the lower the carbs, heavy or whipping cream has the lowest carbs, some people mix that with water, Calorie Countdown is good, if you can find it, a lot of walmarts don't have it now, but some of my local grocerys still do.

jschwab
Tue, Oct-07-08, 11:39
It's natural - baby cows need carbs. Human milk also is sweet. One thing you can do is mix heavy cream with water as a substitute for milk.