PDA

View Full Version : EZ-Sweetz vs Sweetzfree

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LessLiz
Tue, Sep-23-08, 14:09
Thought I would pass this along.

Both of these are no carb liquid Splenda mixes. Up until now I have used Sweetzfree. While I like the product I despise the container it comes in. For those of you who have never used it, it comes in a container with a lid on it similar to that on a plastic mustard container only smaller. The container top consists of a central stem with a permanently attached collar that is raised when the bottle is open. To open the bottle you unscrew the collar to leave some space between the central stem and the collar and add drops to whatever you want.

I've had 3 problems with using Sweetzfree. They are:

The drop size is varies a great deal, and with a concentrated product this is a problem.
It is difficult to control the number of drops dispensed, and with this concentration, again, if 1 drop is enough then 2 drops are way too much, and
The dispenser top tends to develop a crust around it which makes the first two problems get worse as you use the bottle.
So I ordered EZ-Sweetz (http://www.ez-sweetz.com/servlet/StoreFront) -- it seems to be identical to Sweetzfree in terms of concentration. It comes in small dropper bottles, no central stem. To dispense the product you removed the lid revealing a dropper top. The hole in the tip is small, thus far every drop is the same size and I have no problems squeezing out exactly one or 2 or 3 drops.

If you've been frustrated dispensing Sweetzfree then you might want to give EZ-Sweetz a try.

livesimply
Tue, Sep-23-08, 14:24
hey--I'm not following you :lol: but I had to add my own experience. I use a product by Healthy Cheat Foods which I read about here: http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/products/a/liqsplenda.htm

The reason I like it is I can use 1 or 2 drops in my herb tea and it's LESS sweet than 1 drop of Sweetzfree which is a plus for me. It uses a dropper dispenser.

awriter
Tue, Sep-30-08, 20:25
I've been buying my liquid splenda from American Health Foods:
https://www.ahfni.com/store/sucralose.php

As you can see, they call it sucralose instead of splenda, but it's the best dropper (glass!) bottle, and the best price on the market. Great folks to deal with, too.

My 4 oz bottle, for which I paid only $20, is finally (after nearly a year) running low, so I went to their site, only to discover that they're now selling the pure, unadulterated, ZERO CARB powdered sucralose. Yay!!!!

The 2 oz container is the equivalent of 70 pounds of sugar. Yep, *70* POUNDS. That's 140 cups of sugar! At $38, that's only .27 cents a cup -- FAR less per cup than anything else out there.

I'm going to keep using the bottle for liquid stuff, like coffee - but it will be nice to have the powerful powder for baking. I'm just going to have to figure out how to measure out an amount small enough. 1 gram = 1.13 POUNDS of sugar, so I figure a 'pinch' will probably equal a cup.

I don't have any affiliation with them -- just wanted to share the good news. :yum:

Lisa

GrooveJock
Thu, Oct-23-08, 00:05
I've been buying my liquid splenda from American Health Foods:
https://www.ahfni.com/store/sucralose.php

As you can see, they call it sucralose instead of splenda, but it's the best dropper (glass!) bottle, and the best price on the market. Great folks to deal with, too.

My 4 oz bottle, for which I paid only $20, is finally (after nearly a year) running low, so I went to their site, only to discover that they're now selling the pure, unadulterated, ZERO CARB powdered sucralose. Yay!!!!

The 2 oz container is the equivalent of 70 pounds of sugar. Yep, *70* POUNDS. That's 140 cups of sugar! At $38, that's only .27 cents a cup -- FAR less per cup than anything else out there.

I'm going to keep using the bottle for liquid stuff, like coffee - but it will be nice to have the powerful powder for baking. I'm just going to have to figure out how to measure out an amount small enough. 1 gram = 1.13 POUNDS of sugar, so I figure a 'pinch' will probably equal a cup.

I don't have any affiliation with them -- just wanted to share the good news. :yum:

Lisa

Well I ordered my new supply from American Health Foods. It arrived safely backed in bubble wrapped. However, I was sad to read that it has several additional additives such as potassium something or another. Sweetzfree has no additives, just sucralose and purified water. I will go ahead and use the stuff I bought from American Health Foods but will probably order my next bottle from Sweetzfree..

Kisal
Thu, Oct-23-08, 14:59
I have always used Sweetzfree. I originally purchased both a 1-oz bottle and a 4-oz bottle. I use the 4-oz bottle to refill the 1-oz bottle. The 1-oz bottle has the kind of top where you remove the outer screw-on cap to reveal the dropper spout. It has always worked well for me.

Just because I'm curious, I'm going to ask my pharmacist if I can buy a glass eyedropper-type bottle from him. It would be easy enough to transfer the Sweetzfree to such a bottle.

For that matter, you can buy them online. Amazon.com offers many little glass dropper bottles to choose from. :)