PDA

View Full Version : Great Day Out Today

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Daschnook
Sat, Mar-23-02, 16:34
Hi

It was great to meet *everyone* today and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

It is always brilliant to have support when undertaking a new way of life and of eating and so I want to thank Fiona for being every bit as lively and fun in person as she is on the boards.

I've forgotten loads of names (hopeless at names, I am) but I remember the smiling faces and the best part of the day was that it was sunny and gorgeous.

Great day out!

Hugs

from

Daschnook :cool:

fiona
Sun, Mar-24-02, 06:53
Thanks Daschnook. It was nice to see everyone ... put faces to names.

The best part for me is meeting up with "strangers" for the first time and feeling as if we know each other well. Seeing the marvellous way Ken and Margaret (two people who have come to all the UK Get-Togethers so far) are changing. I know this WOE has brought many changes in my life. It feels good to see the evidence on someone else.

After the ghastly weather all week the warm cheery summer feel to the day was just a miracle! Not that I allow the weather to stop me doing anything. Does make it a whole lot more enjoyable though.

Take care.

Ken
Sun, Mar-24-02, 09:31
Hi everybody :wave:

Here are the pictures from the UK meet yesterday afternoon.

I hope the files are not tooo large, if they are let me know and I'll reduce them.

So nice to meet everyone and put even more faces to names..

Take care

Ken (and UKMargaret)

http://members.lycos.co.uk/kenjgreen/23March1.jpg

http://members.lycos.co.uk/kenjgreen/23March2.jpg

http://members.lycos.co.uk/kenjgreen/23March3.jpg

Keep smilin' :daze:

Ken (& UKMargaret)

Daschnook
Sun, Mar-24-02, 14:16
Great Pix Ken!!!

Thanks for sharing those memories with me again...so nice to see it on the net.

Daschnook :thup:

disneybebe
Sun, Mar-24-02, 16:04
Hiya everyone,
Can anyone please tell me which one of the above babes is Fiona, please? Thank u for sharing those pictures.
Bebe :wave:

Ken
Sun, Mar-24-02, 16:18
Hi Bebe,

Sorry, Fiona is not in any of the pictures (it's a long story!!)

Keep smilin'

Ken

fiona
Sun, Mar-24-02, 17:49
The only way you get to see me is when you come here to UK for an LC Get-Together Disneybebe! I am the mysterious type ;)

Hope it will be soon.

Take care.

lesleyc
Sun, Mar-24-02, 18:19
Great pics,

Thanks for posting those Ken.....please tell us who is who! Those of us unlikely to get to a UK gathering in the near future would love to put faces to names too!!

Lesley

Ken
Mon, Mar-25-02, 01:20
Hi all,

Who's who........

Bottom picture l to r

Christine (a friend who came along, just started LC)
Jo (my daughter)
Davinababe
Daschnook
UKMargaret (my wife)

Keep smilin' :daze:

Ken

disneybebe
Mon, Mar-25-02, 04:14
Hi Fiona,
Hehe, am saving up money for the trip. How've u been BTW? Happy low-carbing!

disneybebe
Mon, Mar-25-02, 04:19
Hi UKMargaret & Ken,
Thank u for posting the pics. Have a great day & happy happy low-carbing!

davinababe
Mon, Mar-25-02, 05:16
i'm just echoing what everyone has already said----it was really nice to see everybody and share lots of stuff!
I strongly feel that this is the woe for me and am looking forward to re-induct and do this as a maintenance plan long term.

Hope to see everybody again in the not too distant future
all the best----Davina.