PDA

View Full Version : atkins new coffee bars

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

pecan
Thu, Sep-18-08, 14:03
have you tried these yet? i bought both flavors and i'm a little mixed. the coating is fantastic, and i do like the coffee flavor. but the large chunks of espresso beans are crunchy....very crunchy, perhaps too much so.

and something i was thinking about...these supposedly have the caffeine content of a cup of coffee.

wasn't dr. atkins opposed to the caffeine for induction? the label definitely says "stage 1"

hmm..

Lie2MeJL
Thu, Sep-18-08, 16:16
I've never seen them. Where did you find them, and are there several different flavors/types?? I like a bar every once in a while.

pecan
Thu, Sep-18-08, 19:45
mocha and caramel creme. atkins has them on their website (http://www.buyatkins.com/product_detail.asp?T1=ATK+COF+MC&HDR=ATKBAR), but the price is insane. i found them on amazon (although there is no picture/nutritional info)...i'd guess they will be in stores everywhere soon

Lie2MeJL
Thu, Sep-18-08, 20:31
They both sound good although the photos they have don't make them look too appealing. I'll probably give them a try when I run into them.