PDA

View Full Version : davinci suryp

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mattie o
Tue, Sep-09-08, 10:59
now, i know ive seen some post about this on here, but ill be honest, i dont feel like rifling around for them.

is this made with liquid splenda, thus, you dont have to count each serving as 1 carb?

am i correct in saying that liquid splenda actually has 0 carbs, and that granular splenda does have 1 carb per serving?

thanks to all!

Kisal
Tue, Sep-09-08, 11:31
now, i know ive seen some post about this on here, but ill be honest, i dont feel like rifling around for them.

is this made with liquid splenda, thus, you dont have to count each serving as 1 carb?

am i correct in saying that liquid splenda actually has 0 carbs, and that granular splenda does have 1 carb per serving?

thanks to all!Yes, DaVinci's (and Torani's) syrups are sweetened with liquid sucralose. You can buy more concentrated forms of liquid sucralose online, too. There are a number of brands available now, but I personally prefer Sweetzfree. You can Google liquid sucralose to find the sites where you can buy it. I think there might be some available on eBay, too, but I can't vouch for the quality.

Bru88
Tue, Sep-09-08, 12:16
Mattie I was searching the other day for liquid sugralose this seemed to be the best link, I've never ordered or done business with them maybe someone will let us know;

http://www.sweetzfree.com/recipes.html

Hope this helps Bru, most of the other site's I found used fillers, fiber, water add ect...This stuff is expensive. One review I read said buy the 2oz bottle it seems to last forever, one drop equals 1 1/2 packets. I hope someone can confirm this source or give us another one.

Kisal
Tue, Sep-09-08, 12:49
Mattie I was searching the other day for liquid sugralose this seemed to be the best link, I've never ordered or done business with them maybe someone will let us know;

http://www.sweetzfree.com/recipes.html

Hope this helps Bru, most of the other site's I found used fillers, fiber, water add ect...This stuff is expensive. One review I read said buy the 2oz bottle it seems to last forever, one drop equals 1 1/2 packets. I hope someone can confirm this source or give us another one.Sweetzfree is the brand I use. Although I have never had to use their Customer Service, a few people have posted that it is excellent.

It is expensive, but I bought mine about 3 years ago, and still haven't used it all. I bought a 4 oz bottle and a 1 oz bottle. As I use up the little 1 oz bottle, I refill it from the larger one. :)

mattie o
Tue, Sep-09-08, 13:05
wow! that does last. my aunt had some davincis, and i tried a little in a cup of coffee over the weekend. i had to dump some out and put more coffee in because it was so sweet!

Bru88
Tue, Sep-09-08, 13:19
Mattie I did the same thing with a MIM used the french vanilla, Wow was it vanilla and sweet, it did change the taste a little more eggy tasting, same thing with my first cup of coffee. Sweet stuff...Bru

Bru88
Tue, Sep-09-08, 13:20
Sorry, thanks a lot Kisal I knew someone would know...Bru
Now I need to order some.

Renee4LC
Tue, Sep-09-08, 13:38
Does anyone know if you can find the Davinci Syrup at a local store instead of online?

Bru88
Tue, Sep-09-08, 13:56
Renee Wal Mart had french vanilla, Fry's has a nice selection...Bru

Renee4LC
Tue, Sep-09-08, 14:21
What section of the store would I find it?

cat_girl
Tue, Sep-09-08, 14:28
I found mine at Wal-Mart. Carmel with heavy cream in coffee is to die for!!!

cat_girl
Tue, Sep-09-08, 14:35
Sorry! I found mine on the coffee isle at Wal-Mart.

Renee4LC
Tue, Sep-09-08, 14:42
Thanks!
I have a Walmart within walking distance so I'll have to try out this syrup that you all have been raving about - after I'm off of Induction. ;)

I<3splenda
Tue, Sep-09-08, 14:45
^What?!? Davincis isn't ok for induction?????????????????? *cries*

steph0203
Tue, Sep-09-08, 15:34
I use DaVincis during induction!

soule72
Tue, Sep-09-08, 16:41
There are no carbs why would this not be ok on induction?

crease
Tue, Sep-09-08, 16:55
i've used the vanilla davinci syrup. i have hazelnut too, which is possibly one of my favorite flavors, but i haven't used it yet due to staying on induction and nuts not being "allowed" yet.

so maybe the question is, which flavors are induction friendly?

soule72
Tue, Sep-09-08, 17:04
its not real nuts just flavoring

Renee4LC
Tue, Sep-09-08, 17:10
I use DaVincis during induction!I'm just trying to be real strict with myself.
I'm afraid that if it's as delicious as you all make it sound that I will have a hard time controlling myself. :lol:

crease
Tue, Sep-09-08, 17:17
its not real nuts just flavoring

hmm maybe i read it wrong then. i swore it said made with nuts. if it's not, woohoo!

I<3splenda
Tue, Sep-09-08, 17:23
ok, thank god!

Kisal
Tue, Sep-09-08, 17:25
The DaVinci and Torani syrups are fine for Induction. :)

The ingredient lists on the nut flavored syrups do say "contains tree nuts." I think, though, that the amount is too small to affect Induction, and that they are only listed as an alert to people who are allergic to tree nuts.

(The syrup is clear, so I think it just contains the oils from the actual nuts. Oils have no carbs, of course, and are fine on Induction. This is just my opinion. :) )

dlynnRN
Tue, Sep-09-08, 17:48
DaVinci's syrup is my best friend. I am about as strict as you can get too!! I drink a cup of coffee every morning with a tbsp of heavy whipping cream and Davinci's syrup. I LOVE the caramel!

Azure
Sun, Sep-21-08, 14:11
I use davinci gourmet syrups during induction, but you're supposed to avoid all artificial sweeteners during induction.

Netrition is a great place to buy your davinci gourmet syrups online. It's $4.95 s&h regardless how many you buy, and whenever I've ordered before 2pm on a weekday, they have arrived the very next day.