PDA

View Full Version : not cheating for the first time ever

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

big_loser
Thu, Sep-04-08, 22:15
usually when im dieting and i go away for the weekend or have some kind of big event coming up ill use it as an excuse that i can cheat then get back on track...and then end up not getting back on track till its to late.

but ive been away once and had a big event and also been on a lot of nights out without cheating even after excessive amounts of alcohol. which for me is a big thing as like i said ive NEVER been able to do this. im going away tomorrow night for a night out so wont be back til saturday evening and im NOT going to cheat then either.

i thought about planning a cheat day at the beginning of october as i have an event coming up where i can eat anything and as much as i want with friends for free from an amazing menu but im going to stick to the low carb options (theres quite a lot of low carb options as most of the dishes come on their own and need sides)

ive done 9 weeks so far (definately the longest) without cheating and i plan on doing it to goal even though that will probably be around xmas! and if i still need to lose at xmas then on xmas day i will eat turkey and spinach! (however im going to NY for new years so that might cause problems lol - but its a different country so doesnt count - actually no....they have subways for my chicken salads in NY! but maybe on actual new years eve ill cheat a little. im going to want some cocktails! ok now im just babbling....THE END)

Astra1
Tue, Nov-04-08, 16:05
Best of luck to you. It doesn't hurt to splurg once in a while but good for you for sticking to your plan.