PDA

View Full Version : McDonald's Sugar-Free Iced Coffee

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Natalie2
Sat, Aug-16-08, 05:24
I recently had a McDonald's S.F. Hazelnut Iced Coffee & it was delicious! Has anyone else tried it? I wonder if it's truly s.f. and no hidden sugars? What say you?

*Sheila*
Sat, Aug-16-08, 06:20
WEll I checked on their website and a 16 oz sugar free vanilla has 8 carbs!! ( I wonder if they use milk instead of cream)

Kim8461
Sat, Aug-16-08, 06:32
I'd beware of this...the website doesn't list Hazelnut flavor, only vanilla...a small (16 oz) has 8 carbs...a medium (22 oz) has 11 carbs...a large (32 oz) has 16 carbs!!!
http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/bagamcmeal/nutrition_facts.html#7

I was able to find the ingredients in the Sugar-Free Iced Vanilla Coffee:
Iced Coffee with Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup (Small)†:
Premium Roast Coffee. Light Cream: Milk, cream, sodium phosphate, sodium polyphosphate, DATEM, sodium stearoyl lactylate, tetra sodium pyrophosphate, sodium hexametaphosphate, sodium citrate, carrageenan.
CONTAINS: MILK.
Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup: Water, erythritol, natural (plant source) and artificial flavors, cellulose gum, sucralose, salt, malic acid, potassium sorbate (preservative), acesulfame potassium, caramel color (with sulfites). Ice.

beachekean
Sat, Aug-16-08, 20:35
If you want an iced type drink, you're better off going to Starbucks where they don't use a mix. I've not been a Starbucks person, but when I went in there and explained my predicament, they were amazing and explained exactly what I was able to have, and how to order it too.

Whatever you order, you just have to make sure they use cream, and not milk, and sugar free syrups. There will still be some carbs, but much much much less than normally. Have you ever had a look at their nutritional information? Yikes...I'd probably go into a carb coma or something if I had that many carbs at once.....e.g.. the mint mocha chip frappuccino has 71g of carbs. AAAAKKKKK!!!

Natalie2
Sun, Aug-17-08, 07:14
Well that put's the cabash on that! I'll just keep making my own s.f. coffee to go. Thanks Sheila, Kim & Beachekean for the information.

Aisleone
Mon, Aug-18-08, 04:16
:tears: Oh sooooo sad! I'll just have to make my own with cold coffee and sf syrups. That's OK though. I can buy alot of syrup for the money I'll save!

kevinpa
Mon, Aug-18-08, 05:38
Here is a list of 3425 of the Starbucks drinks you can order sorted by the # of carbs.

http://www.thedailyplate.com/nutrition/search.php?q=&b=Starbucks&page=1&so=carbs

1annewil
Mon, Aug-18-08, 08:12
The stats I saw, Kevin, didn't seem correct-tall skinny latte- 0 carbs, double choc chip frap.-0 carbs? How can that be? Oatcake 3.3 carbs? Does this seem real?

kevinpa
Mon, Aug-18-08, 11:47
The stats I saw, Kevin, didn't seem correct-tall skinny latte- 0 carbs, double choc chip frap.-0 carbs? How can that be? Oatcake 3.3 carbs? Does this seem real?

I did a search on tall skinny latte and came up with 10 or more of which most were 14 carbs of higher so I would guess that 1 you saw was a error. As far as the oatcake.....the 3.3 is for 1/2 oatcake. If its something like a small rice cake then 3.3 isn't all that unbelievable. But it was just a reference for a general ballpark.

rodaniel
Sun, Sep-21-08, 08:14
Once or twice a week I indulge in a Starbucks run. I get a decaf iced latte with sugar-free vanilla syrup & 2 packets of Splenda and I have them make it "breve" - with half & half.

But actually, I've been trying to make this for myself at home and the result is pretty darned good! Plus, I use heavy (whipping) cream for even lower carb cost.