PDA

View Full Version : costco beef burgers & trans fat

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sandwiches
Mon, Aug-04-08, 12:39
so costco's kirkland brand frozen burgers have 1.5g of trans fat per patty. there is no ingredients list. i've read that there is a naturally occuring trans fat that is found in animal products. could that be the type of trans fat in these, instead of the manufactured, bad for you kind?

Kisal
Mon, Aug-04-08, 14:30
There are natural trans fatty acids in meats and dairy products, but they are not the same as the artificial trans fats and do not cause harm to your body. I personally don't worry about naturally occurring trans fats. :)

capmikee
Mon, Aug-04-08, 14:42
Yes, I've seen the same thing on Coleman beef patties. I know Coleman is a very high quality brand and they don't add a lot of crap to their meats. I called them to check on the hamburgers and they told me exactly the same thing - these are naturally occurring trans fats and they're not bad for you.

sandwiches
Mon, Aug-04-08, 15:33
thanks guys, good to know.