PDA

View Full Version : Chicken Pizza

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Elora Jade
Wed, Mar-20-02, 21:19
I got the idea for this from another post and I have altered it a bit from the original recipie. It was fantastic! Tasted just like pizza (well almost)

2 TBSP Olive oil
2 Chicken Breasts (butterflyed and pounded flat)
3 TBSP Pasta/Spagetti Sauce
2 oz Pizza meat (ham, salami, pepperoni or whatever)
2 oz Green Pepper
1/4 Cup Mushrooms
2 oz various cheeses (total), we tried Mozza, Monterary, Parmesan, Cheddar
Spices to taste (I used "italian seasoning")

Heat oil in glass pie plate until very hot, at 400. Spread chicken over the bottom of the plate and try to press to the sides (you have to work fast because the chicken starts to stick to the hot pan). Put it in the oven and cook for about 10 min or until "just" cooked. Spread sauce all over the chicken, add meat, cheese, green peppers, onions and mushrooms. Put back in the oven and cook until hot, bubbly and a little brown. Keep in mind the chicken will shrink a bit, it comes out of the pan very easily.

Use whatever toppings you normally use on a pizza. We really loved this dish, and for a few pizza lovers this was an amazing find!

Total Carbs (the whole thing) 10 (not bad eh!) - Leaves room for desert!

monika
Wed, Mar-27-02, 10:00
good idea! im going to do something like that with my turkey burgers.

Strawberry
Sun, Jan-26-03, 19:16
And here I thought I invented the chicken pizza! I'm happy to see others have discovered it.

I flatten the chicken breasts and precook them in a non-stick frying pan; then place them on a nonstick cookie sheet (I usually cook 4 or more at a time) and add the sauce, toppings and cheese. Just a few minutes under the broiler, or a few more minutes in a regular oven and they're great!

JEY100
Wed, Jun-10-15, 04:50
A friend and excellent cook raved about this Mexican Pizza version from Rachel Ray of a Chicken Pizza.
Unlikely I will make my own tomatillo sauce :lol: but buy it or the salsa verde sauce from Trader Joe's. Can add more veggies and Monteray Jack cheese.

http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/recipes/20404_mexican_chicken_pizzas/

pocohontas
Wed, Jun-10-15, 05:53
I found a recipe for "breadsticks" where if you food process chicken breast and mozzarella cheese together to make a "mince" and then bake it, its the consistency of bread. That might be a great base for pizza too!

http://yourlighterside.com/2012/02/easiest-breadsticks-ever/

JEY100
Thu, Jun-11-15, 03:11
I think it is that same website that has a chicken and cheese pizza base. I tried it back in the day, but it was more work and it fell apart :lol: Not a great or patient cook here ;) I need simple recipes.
This also cuts down on the amount of cheese, which for me is only a few ounces a day.

Dgost23
Thu, Aug-06-15, 00:45
I made chicken pizza for dinner last night.. made a cookie sheet sized amount of it, there was 2 pieces left. My entire family loved it.