PDA

View Full Version : Splenda

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

frogguruam
Mon, Aug-04-08, 06:53
My supermarket just started carrying the Splenda tablets (no liquid yet!).

Do these have less carb than the granular or is it just compressed granular??

Kisal
Mon, Aug-04-08, 13:42
I have seen 2 ratings for them. One listed .07g carbs/tablet, and the other gave .5g/tablet. I have no idea which is correct. Each tablet is the equivalent of 1 tsp sugar in sweetness, so 2 tablets would be the same as one of the little paper packets.

One thing I noticed is that the filler in the tablets is lactose, so if you're sensitive to that, you may want to be careful and not use too many of the tablets at one time. :)

ETA: Yes, they are lower in carbs than the granular Splenda that comes in the large bags, but if the .5g carbs/tablet is correct, then they're the same as the little paper packets.

frogguruam
Mon, Aug-04-08, 14:24
ETA: Yes, they are lower in carbs than the granular Splenda that comes in the large bags, but if the .5g carbs/tablet is correct, then they're the same as the little paper packets.

Thanks! I only use the granular in the big bag so the tabs might be better. I think I will pick some up next time I am at the store. Now if I could only find the liquid!

Kisal
Mon, Aug-04-08, 14:33
The company that manufactures Splenda does not offer it in liquid form. It is available online, however. I personally prefer Sweetzfree, as some of the other vendors don't seem to offer very good customer service. Many people have posted that the few times when they had a problem with their Sweetzfree orders, the vendor went out of their way to make things right. :)