PDA

View Full Version : [CKD] Maybe I'm an idiot but...........

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

FatArse
Tue, Mar-19-02, 20:31
I am currently doing Atkins and have been on it a week. I have lost 6 pounds so far and feel great.

I am going to start hitting the W8's again on April 15th and lift Mon-Fri. as heavy as possible. I have built a very solid muscle base so far but want to lose, I'm thinking, 50 pounds of fat.

I have been following the CKD forum now for a week or so and am absolutely pumped by the results I hear about. TrainerDan, you seem to be the man on this.

I may seem dumb here but everything I've read so far says to chow on carbs on the weekend, Believe me, no problem doing that. I just am curious to how much of this eating carbs can be basically any food I want? I dont mean candy bars and tons of sugary sodas but can I eat pizza and mexican all I want on those days or should I stay with healthier foods that are higher in carbs?

I can promise myself to do very well and be strict on the LC way Monday-Friday if I know I can enjoy some of my faves on the weekends.

I desperately want to get back to my 35" waist with a 50" chest along with 18 1/2" arms that I had 5 years ago.

Aaron

My e-mail is bigcashrentacop~hotmail.com, I used my moms AOL account till I move to my new home and can establish internet service.

Trainerdan
Wed, Mar-20-02, 06:14
the carb-ups are SUPPOSED to be clean carbs, mostly simple the first day and then going nore complex the second day ...

However, I know some people :rolleyes: who "get loose" on the carb-ups and still get great results.

FatArse
Wed, Mar-20-02, 16:49
Thanks, I was curious on this and needed to know. I am very pumped about CKD and am ready to hit the W8's and pack on the muscle and loose the fat.

MikeEdward
Fri, Mar-22-02, 21:53
It's been my experience that carb-ups that mainly center around pasta, rice, and vegetables usually go the best.

However, about a month ago, I had a carb-up (if one could call it that) that had so much garbage in it that it would embarrass Caligula. It was just a total breakdown of focus and discipline.

I didn't have junk-food, junk-food had me. Cookies, cake, you name it, I did it. By the end, I looked like I was expecting. It wasn't really a carb-up, more like 'insulin-fest 2002.' At one point, I was just eating straight Reeses Pieces peanut butter chocolate chips. Not the candy, mind you - just the chips that come in those packages that 'normal' people would use for making cookies.

And it sort of proved my theory right - it took me longer to get back into ketosis afterwards, and I did not have the usual strength in the gym that I usually expect after a carb-up.

Just my 2 cents.

Mike

Trainerdan
Sat, Mar-23-02, 05:36
Thanks Mike. How's your quest for perfection going?