PDA

View Full Version : Muses' measurement musings

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Muse
Tue, Mar-19-02, 08:08
Well this is the first entry of my gym journal. Today I am hoping to get the BFL book and begin this program. For the past week I have been doing the treadmill and weights on alternating days and feel I see results; altho' the scales wouldn't have my thinking so LOL.

Today I took my measurements as per Health Central to calculate body fat percentage...

calf 15.7"
wrist 6.7"
thigh 26.1"
hips 44.5"
waist 34"

They gave me a percentage body fat of 32.5% with a lean body mass of 122lbs, weighing currently 181lbs after having lost 31lbs with Somersizing/Atkins with very little exercise...only aerobic.

upper arms 12"
lower arms 10.5"
bust 40.5"

Currently I wear a size 14 and am hoping to see dramatic results with my new exercise regime.

The above measurments were not done with a measuring tape per se, I used a string and then a ruler....can't find the darned mearsuring tape, so I will retake these later after I buy a new one.

So this is it, the first day of a long journey to fitness and hopefully a buff bod!

Muse :wave:

Natrushka
Tue, Mar-19-02, 08:18
Hey, Lady! WTG on the resolve. I know that when you put your mind to something, well, get out of the way!

I'm looking forward to following along :)
Nat

Muse
Tue, Mar-19-02, 09:09
:wave: Hey Nat....hahaha you found me!

I called our local bookstore yesterday and they had ONE copy left for BFL!....so I thought no prob I'll stop by later and pick it up (5 min drive)...well I'd forgotten about the big dump of snow!!! OMG, I couldn't get up the hill as it hadn't been plowed yet...(I shoulda known, as I'd passed another Jag, alongside of the road at the base of the hill,,,geeeez, they don't make these things with all wheel drive, who knew? :rolleyes: ) hahaha, anyway after being pushed to safety by the cutest young guy.......sigh.....and his girlfriend :mad: hahahaha, I decided my BFL book could wait till tomorrow.

I was so dissappointed as I'm really motivated and want to start right away! I did my own version of an upper body workout this am with weights and really really worked it to the point where I'm uh "feelin the burn"....will have to read up tonight to find out all I'm doing wrong LOL!

Thanks for the support, on my way to buffbabedom!...Oh, and hubby may try this out with me...I hope so!

Muse

lisaf
Tue, Mar-19-02, 21:17
Muse!!!!! Hey darlin' - nice to see ya here! Hope you can lay your hands on the book soon...its a great program!

Lisa

Muse
Tue, Mar-19-02, 21:28
Way to go Lisa!!!...you "at goal" babe you! I am sooo impressed with you, you did it! I have to confess I noticed your stats the other day and thought wow, maybe I should give this bfl thing another thought and then of course after picking Nat's brain endlessly, I wound up here!

I DID get the BFL book today, read it cover to cover and bought my weights and bench. Other than the before pics, proper measurements and a big deep breath I'd say I'm almost ready to dive right in.

I did upper body this am, but of course wasn't sure if it was really BFL-ized or not...and now I realize it wasn't, but it sure made me nicely sore this evening so I'm sure it did some good. Tomorrow I will attempt the 20 MAS and hopefully do it correctly while I begin to plan my workout for the next day. Lot's of planning, wow. Ah hey, but it's good for me! :roll:

Thank you both for the well wishes and support and excellent examples you've set for me. I'm slow to get on board with things which are new to me, but now that the mystery is gone, watch out!

Too-dah-loo,
Muse

lisaf
Wed, Mar-20-02, 08:07
Awesome Muse! The program is really easy to follow and it only takes a few workouts to get in the groove. It gets automatic after a while.

Keep musing...

Lisa

Muse
Thu, Mar-21-02, 20:27
Okay, forgot to post yesterday, but had an amazing aerobic workout...I really like this 20 min thing and for 1/2 hour after I still felt it's effects...something I've not experienced in the recent past.

Today I did a trial run on the lower body...I'll have to tweak it a bit as I didn't hit all 10's but came close.

Quad extensions
12x 10 (yeah I know..wasn't worth it)
10x 20
8x 30 (Hard!)
6x 32.5 eh!
12x 30 almost 10
squats 12x 10 (yeah i know, messed up there...shoulda had more weight)

Hams Deadlifts
12x 10
10x 12.5
8x 15
6x 17.5
12x same
leg curls 12x 20...not enough

Calves raises dumbones
12x10
10x15
8x 20
6x30
12x 35
one leg raises 12x 35 BINGO!

Ab crunches
vertical hip raise BINGO!

would have liked to have done more crunches before...would it hurt to do more sets?

all in all I'm pleased with this trial...my hams hurt more tonight than i felt I'd achieved doing them as I didn't feel they merited a 10 but I guess I did work them.

Tomorrow I tweak the aerobics....Sat the upper bod, and prepare for blast off on monday! WHooooooooo Hoooooooooooo!!!

I so love this! :daze:

Muse
Fri, Mar-22-02, 06:43
Okay, so yesterday I thought to myself..........hmmmmmmmm maybe I should do a few more hamstring reps.....but alas I did not, saying I'll do better next time...

Lying in bed this morning it was like:

OMG!

Whatever I thought I didn't do, was nothing in comparison to what I DID do! My hams are soooooooooo sore today...going to the toilet was an adventure getting onto the seat! :eek: LOL Yeah I know, sortof a visual there....sorry ;)

Anyway I'm glad to feel the soreness as it proves I did something correct. Interestingly enough, two days ago the scale had gone up to 183 (altho the pants were fitting looser) and today I'm back to my low of 181, can't wait to break into the 170's altho I'm not holding my breath, as I am prepared for the fluctuations.

Well I'm off now to do the 20mas! Wish me luck...maybe it will take some of the soreness away, let's hope!

Muse

Natrushka
Fri, Mar-22-02, 07:26
*lol* Muse, wait until you do some walking up and down stairs (specially the down part). Good news is that it will get better. Getting the glutamine into your system will also make a big difference.

Feels good though, doesn't it?
Nat

Muse
Fri, Mar-22-02, 07:49
Whew! That DID feel good, and seems to have warmed up the ol' hammies...did some stretches, now on to my day!

Lovin this...

Muse
Mon, Mar-25-02, 17:10
Did the Upper body workout on Sat, and loved every minute of it!

Saturday night, got a Sinus Cold and am now on Zithromax for the next five days (starting today monday) geeeeeeeez, so much for today being my official day 1!

Well, I'm drinking the water, sucking on zinc, taking the vitamins, and now the "drugs"...I'd better get well soon!

The doctor told me today that I could probably start to exercise around wednesday, we'll see...hope so, but right now I feel like a truck ran over me.

Muse

Muse
Thu, Mar-28-02, 10:44
Well, now it's thursday, and I'm still on the Zithromax and starting to feel a bit better, but in no way ready to work out.

However, I am so happy today in that I finally broke the 180's, and am officially 179 and am about to start my period, so I'm hoping that next week, there may be a nice surprise ont he scale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whoooooooo Hoooooooooooo!!!!

So sublime, at 179!!!

Muse

Natrushka
Thu, Mar-28-02, 11:16
WTG Toots!! :) Breaking into a new weight category sure feels great, doesnt it?

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Get well, then get at it - they'll be no stopping you!

Nat

Muse
Mon, Apr-01-02, 18:16
Okay, Day One BFL

Did my lower body workout,

Squats followed by quad extensions
Deadlifts followed by leg curls
Calf raises followed by one leg Calf raises
Ab Crunches followed by vertical hip raises

Felt exhausted, I know I'm not over this Bronchitis yet, but we'll see...almost fell down the stairs afterwards, my legs were like RUBBER! So I know I got a good workout!

Hopefully cardio will be ok tomorrow, and that I'm up to it. Damn I hate being sick.

Muse

Natrushka
Mon, Apr-01-02, 19:12
Welcome back, Toots :) Congrats on Day 1. While you're still feeling less than 100% you must also be feeling pretty darned proud!!

Get plenty of sleep, and take your glutamine and I'm sure you'll have no problem with cardio tomorrow. If you're not up to it first thing in the morning, then wait and do it later in the day - don't overdo it, Muse.

Nat

Muse
Tue, Apr-02-02, 20:24
You're right Nat, the cardio had to wait till later in the day; however, I was able to have an empty stomach, and wait an hour till dinner so that was to my advantage.

Altho' I'm still not my ol' self, I was able to get thru the cardio with flying colors and was able to push it quite successfully.

I still can't believe that 20 min of aerobics and dumbells can give us these amazing bods I see in the pictures, but judging from the way my body feels...I'm starting to become a believer!

Day 2 is a thing of the past, looking forward to upper bod tomorrow!

Muse

Muse
Wed, Apr-03-02, 21:18
Day 3 a goner!

Did Upper Body in the evening, ah well....still on the mend. Hoping to start getting these workouts done in the am on the empty stomach...but at least right now I'm getting them in and done well.

Late now, off to bed!

Muse

Muse
Thu, Apr-04-02, 06:45
Now, this is downright weird.

I awakened this morning to a new bod! I'm serious. I don't know what funny thing is going on here, but my shape is drastically changing. This is only my day 4 and I feel so different.
I almost "feel" thin! Yeah yeah I know, ...long way to go still and all,... but I really do see a change in the backs of my legs, my hips, and my shoulders. I'M SO LOVING THIS!

The best part is that when you see results, it's a self fulfilling prophecy...you just WANT, in fact, "CAN'T WAIT" to do the next day's workout! Boy if I'd just done this 3 months ago...sigh.

Anyway, happy, happy, happy is me!

Today will do the 20MAS as enjoy every minute of it.

Buff babe in the making! (thank you Nat!)

Muse :spin:

Muse
Thu, Apr-04-02, 07:43
C1D4

Well, I can finally say I'm starting to feel I'm over this Bronchitis thing...and I honestly wonder if the exercising helped to just get rid of the final remnants of it.

Just finished my 20MAS, somehow I always seem to have it wind up being 22 min, math isn't my strongpoint LOL. It's so nice to finally know "how" to do aerobics. I never sweated before...and I thought I was working out! I feel I've accomplished so much in so little time...makes me feel great!

And yes, was able to finally workout on empty stomach first thing in the morning....I'VE ARRIVED!

Muse

lisaf
Thu, Apr-04-02, 08:28
Congratulations Muse! You are doing so wonderfully! Can't wait to see that new bod! Seriously, I think that "thin" feeling is totally exercise related...and I think its new self-confidence and really feeling "in your skin" for the first time.

Keep it up!

Lisa

Muse
Tue, Apr-16-02, 06:30
Boy am I bad about keeping this thing updated...naughty naughty Muse!

Okay, in a nutshell (almond, not peanut ;) ) I have had an extrememely successful second and a half week. My weights are being upped, my cardio is increasing in intesity and my muscles feel good!

Must admit I was hoping to see a bit more results (damn those pictures on the cover) too quickly, but it is small things that I'm noticing. For example, my clothes are not feeling any smaller (I could say perhaps even tighter), I am retaining water, but I'm counteracting this by drinking more, I've gained 3 lbs....BUT and here's the thing, I seem to feel that my fat is shifting. The lumps over my hips have greatly reduced, so that in itself is motivating. It's still hard for me to get in all the meals altho I did very well with 6 yesterday...and you know what? I find that I'm hungry more...even as I lay in bed, I thought, hmmmmmm, I'm almost hungry ...strange for me to say that.

I'm wondering if anyone yet has found that their results are at all mirroring those we see in the covers of the book, perhaps my goal is set way too high...I mean he "does" have to sell books. Nonetheless, this is a fantastic program for me, and I'm sure the changes will happen, I so wanna look good this summer in a swimsuit....sigh But hey, if not, I'll be looking good in a sweater and jeans in the fall!

Today is lbwo and I'm psyched and ready! :hyper:

Natrushka
Tue, Apr-16-02, 06:41
Muse, the results are more of a cumulative thing - every week you tend to notice more and more. Have a look at this recent transformation (http://www.leanandstrong.com/cgi-bin/tg.pl?read=49) on L&S, not much of a difference from week 1 - 4, but look at weeks 8 and 12. And keep in mind that we're all going to change, just not all the same way ;)

Keep pumpin girl!
Nat

Muse
Tue, Apr-16-02, 18:53
Wow Nat, what a fantastic link...I really see what you mean!

I just finished my lbwo and I'm so worked out my arms are shaky and I didnt even work those!!! Whew exhausted but soooo in the good way. I was able to up my weights...in fact, I needed to. I am feeling stronger as well. Gosh I love this.

The only thing I did wrong was that I worked out at night, I just couldn't get it in this morning, the markets were flying!!! YAY!

I'm getting better about the six meals thing, altho' right now I'm not making the best of choices... pepperoni and things like that, but I've upped my veggies so there ya go!

All in all I'm pleased. One confession, going walking tonight with my friend...okay okay, I'll have some extra protein Nat, LOL.

BTW, is there anything wrong with doing more crunches than he says? I find that since they are becomming easier, I've been trying to "crunch" them more, to "feel" the burn and do them more slowly...well I think I've answered my own question LOL,,,I'm guessing it's more quality than quantity!...... Hey, am I catching on there, Nat? :daze:

Muse

Natrushka
Tue, Apr-16-02, 19:00
Damn straight you are :D

Crunches, when done with deliberation and the right amount of 'tension' can bring you to your knees (figureatively speaking of course) w/ just 12-15 reps. It's key that you keep the abs tight and imagine that you are contracting them to make yourself shorter through your middle - it's less of a 'lifting up' than a 'tightening up'. Keep your glutes squeezed during the whole exercise and you take the hip flexors out of the equation, making the abs do all the work. This will probably keep you going for a while ;) You can do fast reps and slow reps to mix it up as well.

Later, you can train them a different way - you do them in a circuit (a bunch of different exercise one right after the other with no rest) and you do them to failure. For example you would do knee ups to failure then move to bicycle crunches to failure then on to side crunches to failure and end with floor crunches to failure. No rest and try to work the lower abs first so that whey they get tired the upper ones have to take over. You do that circuit then you rest for 2 minutes and you stretch. You then do it all over again - 3 times! This makes you sweat big time. It will also make you sore big time.

Did you register for the show next month?
N

Muse
Wed, Apr-17-02, 17:44
Okay so now you want to know the nitty gritty of the food eh, Nat? Allright. Firstly, I feel the need to post a disclaimer...hahaahahhaah!

I'm not the best at veggies. I still eat too much processed food. I haven't given up eggs. I can't quite juggle this six meal thing all that well. So, therefore, and in conclusion...I am a work in progress.

Ok Food yesterday:
2eggs/cream cheese/cheddar cheese

pepperoni/ goat cheese

curry chicken/salad greens with bluecheese dressing and avocado

macadamia nuts

steak/onions/yellow beans (i know, bad...not too many)

swiss cheese

c'est ca!

Today food:

3eggs/cream cheese/cheddar cheese/oh and 3 strips bacon

macadamias

hamburger/cheese/1/2 avocado

taco meat/cheese/salsa/sour cream

Okay, will be doing the 20 MAS tonight and will snack after an hour later. I really feel I've been eating alot. I know I'm weak on the veggies and perhaps should be having more chicken and tuna...I just don't care for it as much. But I welcome people's thoughts.

Natrushka
Wed, Apr-17-02, 18:53
Just curious, how many macadamia nuts? Do you weigh them? If not you can pretty much count them out. 12 average sized nuts is about an ounce and there are 204 calories in one ounce (22g of fat). And how much pepperoni?

The 'too much processed food' as you put it could equate to water retention - how much aqua are you drinking?

And don't give up the eggs - try to supplement them with something else, cottage cheese, cream cheese, cheddar (as you are doing).

An idea :idea: If there are a few meals that you eat often get numbers from fitday - once you know the meal numbers you can mix and match. I spent some time doing this today for my upcoming 6 weeks so that I can better cycle my calories... now I know just how much protein 6 or 7 of my 'regular' meals have and I can mix and match them accordingly. Plan now and don't worry later :D

N

Muse
Wed, Apr-17-02, 20:39
Thanks Nat for your help on this. The macadamias I've only had for approx 2 days...and yes maybe uh....12- 20...now that could be a prob. The pepperoni slices (Bridgeford presliced, love that american pepperoni) probably hmmmmm, 15 slices with the goat cheese. I microwaved them to make them cracker-like. With respect to water, I'm drinking more than ever...probably close to 20 mammoth glasses a day...honest. :)

You know, I'm probably the only one, but I find fitday complicated. I still can't create custom foods...hahahaha. I'll have to try it tho for meals I have often.

I'm starting to wonder about the quality of my fats...maybe I really should choose leaner meats and use good quality olive oils etc when cooking. I think the thing that still lurks in the back of my head....just when I think it's gone...is the fact that Phillips' program is based on low fat and moderate carb and that I'm blatantly not doing that ...frankly I'm deathly afraid of carbs...but it makes me really wonder if it will be possible the low carb way.

Also, I think you could be right, it may soon be TOM and that is what will be telling...so if that's the case the worry is for naught. My hands are not swollen like they were on fri, sheeesh it was something...and my pee is clear, sorry for the graphic, lol...so I know I'm hydrated well....a good thing!

So I'll try more on fitday, and see what i'm doing here. Gotta do better on these 6 mini meals tho...

Natrushka
Thu, Apr-18-02, 06:56
Muse, BFL is but one weight training program in many - there are many that are lower carb. LC is what weight lifters use to get lean. I think that BFL is low fat, moderate carb for one reason, and one reason only - to appeal to the masses who have been brainwashed into believing that 'fat is bad' That's it.

Ride out the bloat - I am positive you'll see a change soon.

N

Muse
Fri, Apr-19-02, 08:20
Thanks Nat, I know I keep going over and over this with you but it's so hard for me to have blind faith, as well, frankly everyone sees so very different results....like, VERY different. Anyway, it won't make me stop, I just worry about my fat intake, and this ridiculous long stall since Christmas. It's so very discouraging.

Okay, enough poor me.

Meals for yesterday:

3eggs/cheddar/cream cheese (not much)
12 macadamias
tacomeat, salsa,cheese/sour cream(2TBSP)
strawberries/1/3 cup cream
chicken/caesar salad lots
tons o' water

Was that bad?

UBWO
some new weights, most the same, had trouble getting to failure with biceps...did tris very well and all the others to max.

C'est ca!

Muse :daze:

Muse
Fri, Apr-19-02, 08:22
Okay, Today so far

20 MAS on empty stomach, waited one hour,

had 3 eggs/cheddar cheese!

Natrushka
Fri, Apr-19-02, 08:52
Originally posted by Muse
some new weights, most the same, had trouble getting to failure with biceps

Muse, I too have had this problem, I found a great second exercise though - 21s. You do the first 7 reps of the dumbell curl half way ( you end up with a 90 degree bend in your arm) then you go all the way up on 8 and do 7 of them half way down (again to 90 degrees) on 16 you go all the way down and then do the next 7 as full curls. It's a killer. !

You can see a demo here (http://www.2-fit.com/video/21s.htm)

N

Muse
Mon, Apr-29-02, 08:47
Okeeeeeeeeee dokeeeeeeeeeey....

Here we are 4 weeks of bfl challenge over...and all I can say is I love this.

I don't relaly think my first measurements were at all accurate, but later today I will take them again. I am at my all time low of 179, after a brief visit back to 183 (a lovely moment indeed)...and these are the things I notice now:

1. People keep telling me I'm looking amazing
2. I love my forearms; seeing a new "groove there"
3. Hips are narrower and less of a saddlebag
4. calves looking firmer
5. my gosh I have a biceps, who knew I'd stare at them so much in the mirror...flexing like a silly billy!
6. Tummy is flatter (pregnancy "flap" is showing signs of not being a permanent fixture!
7. Shoulders ...omg...I have them...and there is a strange sorta hollowness happening in the upper arm...interesting
8. Knees are emerging
9. I feel invincible
10. I feel like I 've found this new incredible secret and want to shout it from the rooftops!
11. I've learned how this can become "routine" and that complacency has no place in BFL...I'm pushing this more and more and realizing what seems impossible, isn't!
12. I can almost envision myself at my goal, it isn't a dream it WILL become reality.

I am going to take my picture tonight as I regret not doing so 4 weeks back, I'm hoping it won't set me back emotionally, but I do so need to record this journey so on days where I feel nothing is happening...the camera never lies.

Foodwise, I'm getting better at the protein...and actually enjoying the 6 meals more than I thought I would. I now find I need them, and can't eat as much at any "one" sitting.

I can't wait for this next 4 weeks!

Did my cardio this am...really really pushed it..and "feel" it in a whole new way...this soooooooooooooo has to work...there's no way it can't!

Off to get on with the day...oh and maybe to stare at my "grooves" and biceps one more time!

Muse

Natrushka
Mon, Apr-29-02, 08:55
*lol* enjoy the flexing, Muse. We've all done it. Ain't it grand to actually enjoy watching yourself in the mirror for a change???

We'll have to compare and contrast next weekend - perhaps you can demonstrate yet again how it is you do that 'iron horse'? ;)

Nat

Muse
Mon, Apr-29-02, 08:55
Okay okay okay....now i've just looked back at my first entry...it seems to me I was 181 when i started things...so I am down from there...when I'd first hit 179 I remember not having much food then for a few days, so I think it was a calorie deficit kinda thing. Now I also feel my stomach measurement is wrong. I was never 34"...as I'm like around 36" now and the pants aren't tighter there. So, maybe i"ll recalculate those orginal measuremnts with the waist at 36". Just to see.

Muse
Tue, Apr-30-02, 16:41
Well today I changed weight routines, and I have to say, I didn't like it at all! There!

Just when I began to know what I was doing, and doing it well, I might add, poof!!! I have to change....sigh. :( However, I know it's the right thing to do.

Didn't hit all my tens, so my routine needs some tweeking, but all in all it will work out fine.

Went out and got the whey protein isolate, and flax oil...going to try to find some amazing recipe to use them in, but frankly I'm scared, LOL! I hope it all tastes ok!

I took the plunge and did "before" photos last night, OMG what a bad idea...this is of course after 4 weeks, and I'd really thought I looked much better than I do. These must NEVER be seen, how absolutely embarrassing. Even cutting the head off doesn't help. Ah well, hopefully in the next few weeks things will change enough that they won't seem so important.

Off to check out what everyone else is up to!

Muse

Natrushka
Tue, Apr-30-02, 17:39
Muse, NO ONE likes their new routines! It's change, it's new, it's not your old 10s - but it will be. What did you choose this time around?

N

Muse
Wed, May-01-02, 06:31
Well, I didn't like it yesterday, and boy oh boy do I "feel" it today! LOL! I've found a whole set of new muscles to ache!

But here's the best news! Drum roll, please..... I am officially at my new low of 178! :cheer: That feels good!

I chose to do the hanging knee raises (Abs) yesterday for my main exercise, and I never believed I'd feel it in my neck, shoulders, chest and underarms...what a surprise this morning. It's obviously better for my abs and I really feel them today and haven't frankly noticed them before all that much. I finish those with the sorta side crunches on the floor. Seems to work well.

I'll post the whole routine when i get back from my 20 MAS as time is getting away from me.

...so nice to see the scale move :roll:

Natrushka
Wed, May-01-02, 06:36
Wooooohoooooo! Tell me, are you feeling the lunges this morning ;)

N

Muse
Wed, May-01-02, 07:15
Two words:

HEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLL YEEEEEEEEEEAH!!!

Just had the absolute BEST 20 mas, omg the raising of the incline did it amazingly, and since my legs are in so much better shape, no muscle burn.

I actually look forward to the aerobics as I feel it massages my sore worked muscles , so to speak.

Whew! I feel great!

Muse

I'm waging an all out war on this fat!!!! :mad: Watch out cellulite here I come! :thup:

lisaf
Wed, May-01-02, 08:53
Now change your stats girl!!!

Lisa

Natrushka
Wed, May-01-02, 10:01
Hey, Toots. Here's that site I told you about:

Fitsite (http://www.fitsite.com/anatomy.cfm)

Have fun playing!

N

Muse
Fri, May-03-02, 07:13
Okeeee-doaky!

Yesterday had the most amazing upper bod workout, but today I must admit I don't feel sore....hmmmm maybe it wasn't that amazing. What I found tho' that was interesting was that the soreness (real soreness) in my neck muscles from the hanging knee raises, left the minute I did my upper body yesterday. I imagine it's all that good blood flow!

Today did higher intensity 20 mas...I try to push it more each week...altho I didn't have as much energy today as some days I did manage to get a higher interval in. yay!

Water water water now until 10 then I can have breakie! Sooooooo hungry. Yesterday the scale went to 179 but today I'm back at 178,.....seems to be happy there, hoping.

Loving my shoulders! Loving them.....really absolutely loving them...that's all I have to say. (it' where they meet the upper under arms that's the problem.....sigh :mad: )

Now off to do a multitude of quelques choses....oh and yeah Nat....frickin' flurries here today! Not impressed, not impressed at all!

Muse

lisaf
Fri, May-03-02, 09:13
Flurries here too...but not on Sunday! (I'm coming too...YAYAYYY!!!!) Plus wind from he%$...almost got blown off the sidewalk - no this is not due to my enormous weight loss much as I would like to think so ;) Still pretty sturdy. Maybe more me acting as a sail?

Your workouts sound great! You may be more sore tomorrow - I always get day 2 soreness. That underarm flapping thing will get better, especially if you push triceps cause you can't "de-stretch" the skin, but you sure can fill it up with muscle!

Can't wait to see them shoulders!

Lisa

Muse
Fri, May-03-02, 12:58
Oh please let me de-stretch....let me de-stretch, otherwise boy oh boy will I have to have big ol' muscles! hahahahaha.

Hey, lisaf....did ja have that uh "baby flap"....I'm finding mine actually going down more than i thought it could....please tell me some of this will go...I need hope!

So glad your commin! Whooo hooooo! I can't wait to see an "at goal" girl....very proud of you indeed.

Thanks for the encouragement...just so lovin this!

Muse

lisaf
Sat, May-04-02, 21:39
Oh man - I'd love to give you "baby flap" hope but I'm just not your girl. I'm so stretched I'm pretty sure surgery is my only option.

...sorry!

Lisa

P.S. But I have heard some people have huge improvements!

Natrushka
Sun, May-05-02, 17:49
Hey, Lady! Thanks so much for having us today. We had a wonderful time - your home is gorgeous, you husband a sweetheart and your 'children' ... well lets just say J still wants to know if your friend will take 3 cats on trade in ;)

Be seeing you soon! And be sure to head back and get that dress, it fits so well it's unbelievable. Can't wait for the warmer weather to arrive!

N

Natrushka
Tue, May-28-02, 19:04
Where have you been?????? Come back!!!!

N

Natrushka
Tue, Jul-09-02, 06:20
I just wanted to wish you a wonderful Bday, Lurker ;)

Nat

:bday:

Muse
Thu, Jul-11-02, 18:16
Thanks Nat!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much Champagne and birthday cake...OMG! :daze:

But, back on the BFL wagon and going into my TOM at my latest low of 174!

I really messed up the end of my first challenge, by basically peetering out around 9 weeks....what happened? All of a sudden my routine changed and I started missing workouts...

I was great about my eating tho', kept my protein up and feel that I look about the same altho' I did loose weight ...4lbs. I'll have to retake my measurements and plug in the body fat calculator again...to see what damage has been done.

I worked out this evening and the other night and realize my strength has diminished, but omg it feels SOOOOOOOOOOOO good...I truly love working out and am so anxious to get back to a routine again.

What'dya'll think, should I redo challenge one, start challenge two? or forget all about "challenges" per se and just workout?

Missed y'all! :wave:

Natrushka
Thu, Jul-11-02, 19:11
Start C2 if you feel the need for the number :) Never redo a challenge (this goes for anyone reading!) it's defeating, you end up living the same weeks over and over again. You put in the time, you get to move onward and downward :)

Don't you be such a stranger, Lady. When are you coming this way? Surely that dog of yours must have won every damned show in Quebec by now!!

:bhug:
Nat