PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a lc or sf jelly/jam low in carbs

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

surfnmom
Thu, Jul-03-08, 20:14
Hi can anyone recommend a lc or sf jelly/jam low in carbs or net carbs. I have discovered the flax bread and would love to put jam or jelly on it. or if you have a good easy recipe would be great too.
Thanks

Luzyanna
Thu, Jul-03-08, 20:59
Walden Farms has some 0 carbs jellies but it's really like jello to me. I just buy the sugar free preserves at Walmart. Has about 5 carbs per serving. You might give the Walden Farms a try if you plan to eat more than 1 tablespoon. :)

Kisal
Fri, Jul-04-08, 00:25
I've tried the "Jok 'n' Al" brand from netrition.com, and it's good. Usually, though, I just make my own. I make freezer jam, using the "No Sugar Needed" pectin made by Ball. The jam is quite easy to make. :)

surfnmom
Fri, Jul-04-08, 06:45
kisl is the recipe on the package, or if you don't mind would you post yours. Thank you

Didy
Fri, Jul-04-08, 07:59
kisl is the recipe on the package, or if you don't mind would you post yours. Thank you

The recipe is on/in the box. I just cooked and canned some jam w/ the No Sugar Needed Pectin and it turned out great. I can't find any info on it, but I think the pectin does have some carbs in it though. Also, I used a bit of Splenda for the jam too. :yum:

liddie01
Fri, Jul-04-08, 08:43
Jokin Als is the best I've tried, but Walden Farms has no carbs, so I used that in the beginning.

Sandollar
Fri, Jul-04-08, 09:32
I just take some strawberries or raspberries and mush them up with a fork...then add a little vanilla and sweetener.

Kisal
Fri, Jul-04-08, 09:43
kisl is the recipe on the package, or if you don't mind would you post yours. Thank youThere's an insert in the package that has recipes for all kinds of jams made without added sugar. There are recipes for cooked jams, as well as freezer jams. You can add Splenda if you want (I'm sure Stevia would work, too), but I have even made them without adding any sweetener at all. I will say that the amount of Splenda they suggest you add makes the jam too sweet for my taste, so I just add a little at a time, until it tastes right to me.

One box of the No Sugar Needed pectin has 49g carbs, and you get 5 to 6 half-pint jars of jam from each recipe. Use liquid sucralose, as I did, and you can lower the carbs in the jam even morel.

I just make the freezer jams, because I've done my share of canning over the years. I don't want to bother standing over a hot stove for hours on end anymore! :lol: :lol: :lol:

thirteenlb
Fri, Jul-04-08, 12:24
Yah, Jok'n Al rocks.