PDA

View Full Version : Free Sample: Zevia soda with Stevia

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Wifezilla
Wed, Jul-02-08, 09:45
If you are trying to avoid artificial sweeteners like Equal and Splenda, you may want to give Zevia sweetened with Stevia a try. In case you are wondering, no, I am not affiliated with this company nor are they a paid sponsor for me in any way, shape or form. I just recently wrote a review on this product, which caught the attention of one of the founders.

He has generously offered a free sample to my blog readers. Here is a link to the review and a link to instructions on getting your sample.

http://wifezillasway.blogspot.com/2008/06/review-zevia-diet-soda.html
http://wifezillasway.blogspot.com/2008/07/free-zevia-sample.html

addict1000
Wed, Jul-02-08, 13:14
very cool.

I have been waiting for a product like this. I took myself off of diet soda, but would love an occasional treat with carbonation.

I checked out their website to find where I could purchase it.

zevia.com

Wifezilla
Wed, Jul-02-08, 16:04
So far I only tried the orange, but that Ginger Root Beer sounds yummy. Next time I get over to vitamin cottage I will see if they have that.

addict1000
Wed, Jul-02-08, 16:09
heck, they all sound good!

I wonder how much it costs to ship them. I travel into San Antonio and Houston pretty often, I was thinking of getting them at Central Market ...my little city has zippo :(

Graphite
Wed, Jul-02-08, 16:25
You said the instructions are there? Am I overlooking it? I do see where the company founder posted in the comments at the bottom, said how we can request that stores order it.... and his personal e-mail address.

Are we supposed to e-mail him for our free sample? My wife and I are eager to try it!

MyraS
Wed, Jul-02-08, 21:07
He wanted over $10.00 S&H for his "free" sample 6-pack.

Sheesh.

Graphite
Wed, Jul-02-08, 21:15
Whew! Well, I can only imagine how much a 6-pack weighs, as far as shipping, but that is quite a cost for a free sample, nevertheless. :lol:

ncgirl2
Wed, Jul-02-08, 21:44
I can only comment on what I've seen others post on a different forum, but I've seen comments that the taste is less than desirable (I don't enjoy stevia, so I'm not planning to try it)....but I'll be curious to see what anyone here who does try it has to say!

Wifezilla
Wed, Jul-02-08, 22:28
You are supposed to email him.

I was not aware of the shipping and handling. Bummer.

ruthla
Fri, Jul-04-08, 11:52
For only 85 cents or so a can, I doubt it's worth printing out the "free" coupon only to find out that my local retailer doesn't accept the coupon anyway. If I find this product locally, I'll just purchase it outright.

Your review of it was hysterical though! "Once I got back to the car and redid the headlight wiring, I popped open the can and cautiously took a sip." :lol: How old is Max, by the way?

Ok, cool. I just checked their website and my favorite supermarket (where I shop once a week anyway) apparently carries zevia. I may check it out next time I'm there.

Wifezilla
Fri, Jul-04-08, 12:46
Max is 18, but he is Autistic (PDD). He gets creative sometimes when Mom is distracted :D

ruthla
Fri, Jul-04-08, 13:40
Max is 18, but he is Autistic (PDD). He gets creative sometimes when Mom is distracted :D
Ok, plenty old enough to safely stay in the car by himself. ;)

bmoura
Sat, Jul-19-08, 05:22
I can only comment on what I've seen others post on a different forum, but I've seen comments that the taste is less than desirable (I don't enjoy stevia, so I'm not planning to try it)....but I'll be curious to see what anyone here who does try it has to say!

That was my experience as well with the free samples. Nice idea, but poor taste.

I'll stay with the current Splenda sweetened products like Diet Frostie Root Beer over at Bev Mo.

addict1000
Mon, Jul-28-08, 07:21
I tasted the cola flavor and the lemon lime.

Imo sodas are all aquired tastes. I used to never drink anything but diet coke...now I like most....so the flavors were not my favorite, but I would be willing to drink them a few more times and see if they become even more enjoyable. I would rate them as a 6-7 out of 10

My first taste did not make me run out and buy a bunch more...but if I get serious about getting rid of the other fake sugars then I will give these a serious try. Right now they are just too difficult for me to get to drink them regularly.