PDA

View Full Version : Fry It Right

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

OLD LADY
Wed, Jun-25-08, 23:01
I saw a YOU TUBE video on Low Carb Fried Chicken that was made with a Breading product called Fry It Right ,has anyone here tried it it sure looked good. :yum:

Kisal
Thu, Jun-26-08, 01:26
I had never heard of it, so I Googled it. Here are the ingredients (take note of the second ingredient listed!):

"Ingredients: Casein, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, milk cultures, salt, enzymes, water, cellulose, salt, stabilizers (mono and diglycerides, guar gum, carrageenan), sodium phosphates, lactic acid, sorbic acid (as a preservative)."

According to the nutrition information shown on the web site, the serving size for this product is 1 teaspoonful, and that teaspoonful contains at least 1/2 gram of Trans Fats, and possibly more. Since it's more than likely that a person would eat more than 1 teaspoonful of the stuff at a time, there is the probability that eating a serving of food made with this product could result in one ingesting a lot of Trans Fats. Trans Fats are deadly! :nono:

It doesn't look like a product I would want to use, nor would I recommend it to anyone, but that's JMO.

tmatrocks
Thu, Jun-26-08, 01:30
You know, it may or not be good, but just a good rub or seasoning on chicken, roasted or baked, is plenty good for me!

Man, I love chicken fat!!! Wish they had two or three layers of skin!

When is the state fair gonna start serving bacon wrapped chicken skin???

Kisal
Thu, Jun-26-08, 01:37
I agree! I love chicken rubbed with just a bit of garlic and olive oil, and then roasted until the skin is all crispy and yummy! :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum:

deniselisa
Thu, Jun-26-08, 09:34
I've tried it, I really don't think it tastes all that good- okay that's being nice, it was awful :Puke: ! If you really want fried chicken w/ breading, try a mix of parmesan cheese, almond flour, and spices to suit your flavor (I use garlic salt and corsely ground pepper).

LatelyLisa
Fri, Jun-27-08, 19:20
Yea I bought some and tried it and it was not the best....tasted like shake'n'bake gone bad. I really had some disapppointments trying new products that tasted horrible....tried to post reviews but I realized the companies selling them never let the bad reviews through. Glad I finally caught on to that one, lol.

Oh and thanks for the almond flour tip...I just got some of that the other day.