PDA

View Full Version : very dissappointed with myself

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

wannabfree
Sun, Mar-17-02, 17:17
I am so disappointed with my self. I did not stick to low carbs this weekend and gained back about 3 pounds, I was doing so good and then hit a plateau and now look what I did to myself. As you can see I have no patience. Well I am going back full throttle tomorrow. I know this diet does work but I just wish I could see better results sooner! When I was really strict on my carb intake I was never hungry and never had cravings, I had spaghetti one night and woke up hungry as heck! And ever since been eating things I know I shouldn't. But I know I'm going to do this so please HELP ME!!!

Dinky
Sun, Mar-17-02, 17:24
Everyone on this forum has been there - more than once. We all struggle. The difference is - you are aware of what your are eating now and know how you should be eating. So pick yourself up and dust yourself off. You're going to do just fine.

The people who don't succeed are the ones who don't acknowledge they made a mistake and start over. I've been starting over my whole life. I think if I didn't stop myself and start over I would probably weigh about 500lbs by now. I know I've lost the same 20-30 lbs at least 15 times in my life.

Here's the key - if I stick to low carb, I can keep myself in a healthy range. I'm starting induction again today. Haven't done it in a long time. The farther you get from the program, the more the cravings come and the more you are destined to gain.

Post again tomorrow and tell us how good you're doing and how much better you feel! ;)

Ranger
Sun, Mar-17-02, 20:34
Hi Wannabfree,

Dinky is absolutely right, you figured out what to do and you will do it! We are only human, not perfect....but you can do it, and this is the best place to be to get the support that you need....the folks here are wonderful!

Best of luck!
Carol

Louise V
Mon, Mar-18-02, 07:08
Hi Wannabeefree,
Don't be to hard on yourself, you've made a little mistake, which one of us hasn't!!! Get back on the program and put your head up high...put the past behind you or you will get depressed....look to the new and improved you. Often when you stall for a while it's just your body adjusting to the weight you've lost...I know we all want to loose it so fast, but think of all the time it took to put the weight on...we need patience because the weight will come off, just do it in a healthy way.
Keep up the good work
Louise

csfdavis
Wed, Mar-20-02, 12:36
Keep at it. I am in almost the same position as you. I know this is hard, but it will be worth it. For me I really have no other hope of ever losing the weight. We're in this together!

Wendye
Sun, Mar-31-02, 19:22
Hi Wannabe
I hope you got over that difficult period. Don't beat up yourself - we have all made mistakes - but try to learn from them and get straight back on track.
I know I can't stray at all or I am out of control - yet I keep doing it. It only takes a few extra carbs with me. So I am back on the plan strictly hopeing to lose about 100lb!
the 3lbs sould be off by now with more - I hope so. Drink lots of water and keep going - you've done so well - keep it up.

Wendye :wave: