PDA

View Full Version : Sausage, spinach mushroom cassarole

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sailfish
Sat, Mar-16-02, 15:31
1 pound of breakfast sausage
1 can spinach
1 can mushrooms
1/2 cup chopped onions
2 cloves crushed garlic
salt and peper to taste
3 eggs
1/2 cup cream

brown sausage, onions and garlic. add spinach and mushrooms. salt and peper to taste. allow to cool

beat eggs and cream until thick. add to meat mixture. pour into cassrole dish and cover with cheese. bake for 35 - 45 minutes until set. Good for breakfast or dinner!!!!

DWRolfe
Sun, Mar-17-02, 09:50
How much cheese and what variety did you use??
Is this a 350 degrees dish??

I think I'll try it out this week.

Thanks

Donald
:wave:

sailfish
Sun, Mar-17-02, 17:45
sorry about the last couple of details :-) it's a 350 - 375 dish - you know - you are just cooking it to heat it and melt the cheese since everythign is already cooked. Cheese - I have made it with cheader, swiss, and monteray jack - all are great - as for how much - i usually just cover the dish with it - usually a cup or so - I'm not big on measurements :-)

You can also use 4 eggs to give it more of a quiche like consistancy.

l_knierim
Sat, Mar-23-02, 10:30
Yum Yum Yum,

I will try this tonight. It wounds so good. Thanks for posting it. Lynn

daisy92
Sat, Mar-23-02, 11:33
This dish sounds wonderful i want to try it but im still on induction can i have all of these things listed in the ingridients?

l_knierim
Tue, Mar-26-02, 19:14
I made this for dinner tonight and it was great. My kids even loved it. Thank you thank you so much..Lynn :thup:

angelfish
Tue, Mar-26-02, 20:45
Thankyou for a terrific dish! I made it tonight and loved it. I might make it for Easter brunch.

Angelfish :wave:

Princesspp
Tue, Mar-26-02, 20:59
Sailfish ... sounds great :yum: I'm printing it now and gonna try it .... I'm always looking for new recipes ... and more variety of things to try!!

Thanks